NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Food Processor?

Talon

I use one. We also have a juicer that leaves behind pulp. Before I had the birds, I would use the food processor to chop up scraps for our chickens. They (the chickens) also get the pulp from the juicer. I noticed that once I started giving my hens the pulp that they started to have really nice looking plumage. Don't think it was a coincidence. Our house chickens, as I like to call our parrots, get pulp and chop as well. The food processor is messy but I only bust it out when I'm freezing their meal packs.

I use my food processor for making Inara's cooked "mash" then I portion it out into a mini-candy mold and freeze. When frozen, I drop the cubes into a large bag and just take one out daily for her. For fresh veggies, and fruits to give her a change of pace, I use my (as seen on TV haha) Magic Bullet. I love that thing! Easy to clean, easy to make small batches of things, and powerful!

I need a food processor (the big ones) for some of the stuff I cook. They are a pain to drag out and cleanup. Mine is a Cuisanart that I have had for about 5 years. I used to buy cheap stuff, but as I've gotten older I've realized that it is better to bite the bullet and buy the more expensive kind if you are a heavy user. I have a Kitchenaid mixer for the same reason.

That said, I try to group my work with the food processor. I.e. when I know I'm going to use it for cooking I make Timber's stuff at the same time. That way, I only have to clean it up once. It's all a matter of scheduling ;)

I use the food processor whenever I'm making large batches of veggies. Then I freeze them in ice cube trays for later use. The veggies I do this with are the ones that require a little cooking: carrots, beets, corn, etc. Otherwise I hand chop their fresh daily entrees.