NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Macaws gone wild!! Laughing to hard to help!

murfchck

Anyone ever feeling like they are contracting MBS should watch this video with the volume turned up and invision their lives like this day after day after day! I was of no help, and by the movement of the phone i was videoing this with, you can tell how hard i was laughing

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/murfchck/media/VIDEO0090_zps0e53cd85.mp4.html

Poor Bongo was on my shoulder the whole time and was not amused, as i was. I wish i could have caught Bubba inside the drawer yelling at Oliver to join him. Oliver had other plans though and pulled the drawer above him out making steps to get on the countertop. Bubba knows the word help and when he got covered up, he yelled it and that is what got Gus started screaming. They are such a mess and i love them all even though i am starting to lose my hearing! Bubba also got to go for a car ride yesterday, just to 7-11 down the road but he had such a good time. Pat put the seat back and made him a perch and off they went. He said there was a group of people around the car when he came out of the store and Bubba was just saying "hello" to them all. What a ham he is! (Bubba is the one with the feathers, Ollie is our nudist)

The inmates have taken over the asylum. I am one of the formerly unaware, LOL. I know I am sound sensitive which is why Gilgirl gets along with me so well. I thought the macaws were the ones shouting to get ahead of Pat with the drawer until he walked over to calm Gus(?) Bongo was on the back of the chair but I think my favorite part was when you panned over to the floor stand by the window and there is a long piece of maybe adding machine tape will a little grey feathered one hiding behind that. You do such a good job calming and defusing the whole party. My heart is still pounding five minutes later and I wasn't even in the room. LOL Bless you, either you have done something really bad in a former life of you are getting karma for eternal bliss.

I think I will stick with the fids I have though yours must be lots of fun if you can stand the noise, everyone who contemplates getting a large parrot should listen to this before making a decision as it is an ear opener but my those two were having the time of their lives getting into that drawer.

It was pretty funny watching "Bonnie and Clyde" getting into that drawer. I thought they were opening one drawer at a time to make a ladder to get to the countertop. But no, they just wanted to rummage around in the drawer and were quite the team getting after Pat as he intervened in their intended plunder.

Wow, that incredible to watch! I loved it, and I loved it even more knowing it was at YOUR house!!! I am amazed at how calm and laid back you were.....those Are some lucky fids!

I enjoyed seeing your entire house set up just for the birds also. Your second I see....

Second or third now, not sure. Even the dogs have more room than we do. We gave the birds our master bedroom and we took their rooms. Since sitting in the livingroom is next to impossible after they go to bed, we decided to give up our space for an area we could actually sit in and watch tv in the evening. Before, when they went to bed, we had to also because if Gus saw light or heard us, game over and no one sleeps. Pat went a little over board though, bought them a new flat screen, ordered their own cable box so they didn't have to share with another room and put in a water purifier in the mater bathroom ( for ease of water changing ) moved their shower head into there since it has a mister on it and even insists we leave the curtains open so they can sleep with the moon and wake with the sun and know the day cycles. LOL, everyone thinks it is me who the birds have wrapped but in thruth, it is Pat! Oh they also have an infer red (?) heater in the center of the room on a steady 74 degree, because the naked ones may get chilly. When i die, i want to come back as one of his birds!!! Oh, last night he grilled them chicken legs and a sweet potato and they ate around 7pm. Me? I had to wait until almost nine for him to bb-q our dinner! He would never admit it but they are his world, and he spoils them to no end! I love having a spouse who shares my passion and I feel very lucky!

It is a blessing to have a spouse who shares your enjoyment of birds! Of course if he didn't, you probably wouldn't have the flock you have now.

As to your living arrangements, I was reminded of an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies. Remember the one where they built a cabin in the back for Granny? I was wondering if you and Pat had considered a lean-to type structure for you and him to live in... ;)

My wife is having issues with Greycie's and Toby's morning and evening screechy time. They don't hold a candle to those macaws. There was a macaw a couple of acres away from our place that we could hear screeching. Every time I could hear him I remembered why I could never have a macaw. There is also a man and his wife a mile or so away that has B&G. He's loud and super sweet with his momma.

My hubby keeps saying if we just had 6 greys instead of our brood now, our house would be quiet. None of the greys scream at all. Just whistle and talk. I take that back, bubba taught Bongo and Cotay a girls scream that would pass on any horror movie. It's bad. First time we heard it, we were frozen in fear ourselves! Now 3 do it, oh joy! Lol

As a man living with one little grey girl, I watched your video with both amusement and horror. I still regret I wasn't able to visit you and your flock when I was in Dallas last March. I would have enjoyed it immensely--for a few hours. My CAG is like a school librarian compared to your fids. I loved watching the joy, exuberance, and mischief, but I don't know if my fragile sanity would withstand it day to day. You and your husband have been added to my morning prayer list! God bless you and your flock. :)

Edited by JeffNOK

LOL, Jeff- if you had been able to make it by they would have just sat like lumps on their stands! They do that to new people to lure them in. "Look how cute i am. I am nothing like people say, I am quiet and sooo sweet. I don't know what these people mean when they say i am loud. I am too cute to be loud." For over an hour last night Bubba repeated Pats name over and over and Gus with each "Pat" outta Bubba replied with "What?" Over an hour of this! All while Gabby is hanging sideways on our kitchen chair chewing the seam, and Cotay still in her room running around just waiting for me to dare to go in there so she could bite me. Pat did finally get to see what i meant when i told him that Cotay goes out of her way to attack me. I was cleaning the cages and of course Cotay was still in the room bc i can not pick her up yet, I was kneeling on the floor at Gus's cage and started feeling some pressure on my knee. She was clamped on the jeans grinding a hole in them. Pat walked in to see this picked her up and put her back on her cage. A few minutes later she had climbed onto his cage again and started pulling my hair out from over head. Again Pat had to come get her off me.