NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Everyone!

I'm about to become the parront of a new baby CAG! Tomorrow I'll be bringing him home to join our flock of 4 fids. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited that tomorrow's going to be the day!

Although I've always been surrounded by a lot of different types of animals over the years, birds were never part of the mix. Then, last year, when I was volunteering with my daughter at a local pet shop, this cute little dusky conure caught our eye and eventually wiggled herself into our hearts and our home. A month later we brought home our second dusky. This spring we fell in love with the most adorable little pineapple GCC and he became the third feathered member of our household.

Once I became thoroughly familiar with how to care for my fid family, I felt that I was ready for a larger, more intelligent parrot. That's when Harley, our Panama Amazon, joined our flock.

My husband and I have always wanted an African Grey. However, we wanted to make certain that we would be able to exceed the needs of such a highly intelligent animal. We spent several months doing our research, and now we're ready to go!

I'm thrilled to have found this forum of 'everything Grey', and look forward to chatting with you!

What an exciting day to be bringing home a baby grey. Every parrot is wonderful and unique in its own way and the African grey is something even more intriguing and delightful. You are going to have a fascinating journey of greytness. Congratulations on your new baby and thanks for joining us.