NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on Smokey

Parrot Lady

he is really doing good, for the first time I put my hand in his cage and he stepped right up , usually I have to keep asking him to step up and he would run to the bars of his cage for a few minutes , food wise he isn't doing so great on eating pellets , he barely eats them but I'am still working on it but he does eat some veggies not a lot but some , helikes eating with Shamrock he will watch and see what Shamrock is eating then he eats some , like monkey see monkey do , I should have his dna results back by Thursday or Friday , real excited to se if we have a boy or a girl

Until his weight comes up, I would not worry about his eating pellets. The most important thing to ensure is that he has seeds and nuts available 24/7 making certain food that he will eat is available and he is not hungry. Just mix in some pellets with his seeds and he will decide if he wishes to consume any. Pellets are really not necessary, nor the healthiest diet for a parrot. Abundance feeding is the best path to follow in my opinion.

that's what I'am doing mixing goldenfeast , nuts and the intune pellets plus some roudybush pellets, he weight yesterday was 392 and 390 the day before so he is back to almost normal weight , when he went for his vet visit he was at 410 so I'am not sure if that's his normal weight or not