NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Smokeys DNA is in the mail

Parrot Lady

I took Smokey to my girlfriends today and we did the dna test on him , I was amazed how good he was , not a growl or a bad word lol he just chewed on the towel a little bit and never made a sound , when I unwrapped him from the towel he was fine , he went right to her and was making his mumble noises and said hello he even does kissey noises now :) so I should know something by next thursday or Friday it usually takes 7 or 8 days boy or girl doesn't matter to me as long as he is healthy

What a coincidence, we sent a sample today to get DNA gender results. Since he calls himself Gilbert, I hope it confirms he is male. The vet said it is worth knowing because of issues that may affect one gender differently than the other. For us, if they confirm he is male, I may be a little more likely to allow him to have cardboard boxes and chewing things without being concerned he will start nesting and laying eggs. It was funny, the vet said we have lived this long without knowing, we wouldn't "have" to do it and it isn't like I would have to "hurry home and paint his room blue or anything". LOL. It will be interesting to know.