NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Got our DNA Test today...

Dude

The DNA test came came today & DUDE is a GIRL...:blink:

The lady that we got her from said she is a boy so we said to her everyday "GOOD BOY" & she said it 5 times already.

My kids are wondering if we should change her name to a girl name & start teaching her GOOD Girl, will that confused her? Or, is she yet too young to understand? She is only 4 months...

HELP!

Any advice would help, thanks...

Dude's concern mom...

Dude, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You could change her name to Duda and I don't think she'll be confused if you start saying good girl (but wait for better informed reactions about this - although I can hardly imagine you should go on saying good boy knowing she's a girl) :blink:

At 4 months I don't think she will be confused and start saying good girl instead and eventually she will say good boy less and less.

Congrats on your new girl.

I see this is your first post, why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us a little more about yourself and this new grey.:)

Both of my Greys were believed to be boys, heck Red's name was TED for 13 years before I got her, it took her about 2 weeks and she no longer says anything boy, or good boy. I wouldn't worry about it confusing them, it's not like they've been told this for a dozen years and even then, Red is the shining example that they can adapt and learn change!