NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sunny has lost his true love!

kins2321@yahoo.com

While Kiki is missing, we are all concerned for Sunny, our rescue. Kiki made all the difference in Sunny's life, when Kiki came home as a baby. He immediately fell in love.She always snuggled him. Now that she is missing, Sophie is kind to him, but doesn't give him the attention that Kiki did. I find him snuggled under newspapers at the bottom of his cage. I never put in the grate, because they didn't need it. What can I do to help Sunny. I don't want to put in the grate to separate him from newspaper, as he snuggles under the newspaper. What kind of house can I get for him? It is soooo hard here without Kiki. Nancy

Nancy I know that BU had bottomless cabanas that hang over a perch. I like them because there is nothing to catch a toe nail or piles of poop in the bottom. A snugglie is a great idea and a preening toy or two wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Wingy

Thanks all! I will try the sleeping hut. Ryan who is off at college year round, is skyping every two days with Sunny and Sophie. While they are both excited... I think it makes all the difference for Sunny, as he is Ryan's bird. They have been bonded since Ryan was nine years old. I have started taking Sunny to the shower. A new experience for me and Sunny! He had " newspaper head", and I told my younger son, who usually showers Sunny since Ryan went off to college, to get him. He said... " are you sure?" I said yes, get Sunny! He was hesitant for about one minute! He trusts me, but wasn't sure of the shower thing! LOL! I couldn't get him out. He was having soooo much fun.Sunny is trusting me more. He knows I feed him and won't bite me, but now I find myself in a totally different roll, and he is giving me a chance. Nancy

• 3 weeks later...