NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Think ...

aerial.2000

You can tell when your child gets too many text messages when your bird beings to say ..... DROIDDDDDDDD.... and they pick their phone up to look at it :rolleyes::o

Who would of thought she would pick that up? and its soooo spot on!!!

My son said she held an entire conversation with him the other day while home alone with her LMAO. That is just funny funny stuff! every day just seems to be one more thing shes doing or saying :D

Loving it!:D

They pick up the darndest sounds and when repeating it over and over can get on your nerves, several times its cute but they tend to wear it out, do not kid yourself on their ability to mimic perfectly those sounds, you will wonder is it real or is it your grey.

LOL, it is funny. I suspect your grey is using thinking that sound/word means come and pick me up. :)

Most Greys learn early on that when the phone rings for example, we come from wherever we are to pick it up and answer it. The phone ring was one of the first sounds dayo learned and would use it just about every time we were out of the room his cage was in.

Corky does the phone thing. She is so good at it you can`t tell if it`s the phone or her.

If you answer the phone when it rings and it was her, she will laugh at you.

Ive gone to check the microwave a time er 2 because of Marco ... and thought ... was I cooking something?

I havent figured out her "Laugh" yet but Im sure shes doing it!

Alfie learned the sound of my housemates phone when he gets messages. It's a Samsung one which makes a sort of water drop noise. Alfie seems to associate that noise with my housemate as he will start making it whenever my housemate enters the house/room.

Alfie is very good with noises. Picks them up extremely quickly.

He also likes having phone conversations. When I'm on the phone he sometimes joins in saying "hello?" "Yep" "Alright then" alongside lots of mumbling and then "byee!" I find it hilarious.

When I was living with my family Alfie unfortunately learned burps and uh... other windy sounds... from my sister (she was terrible for it). Now that's the type of sound he associates with my sister. Whenever she visits he starts burping at her!!

My mum wasn't impressed when Alfie started associating the smoke alarm sound with her. She went through a week and set it off about three times whilst cooking. Whenever she passed his cage Alfie would then mimic the smoke alarm! Needless to say, she didn't find it as amusing as the rest of us did hehe.

Alfie learned the sound of my housemates phone when he gets messages. It's a Samsung one which makes a sort of water drop noise. Alfie seems to associate that noise with my housemate as he will start making it whenever my housemate enters the house/room.

Alfie is very good with noises. Picks them up extremely quickly.

He also likes having phone conversations. When I'm on the phone he sometimes joins in saying "hello?" "Yep" "Alright then" alongside lots of mumbling and then "byee!" I find it hilarious.

When I was living with my family Alfie unfortunately learned burps and uh... other windy sounds... from my sister (she was terrible for it). Now that's the type of sound he associates with my sister. Whenever she visits he starts burping at her!!

My mum wasn't impressed when Alfie started associating the smoke alarm sound with her. She went through a week and set it off about three times whilst cooking. Whenever she passed his cage Alfie would then mimic the smoke alarm! Needless to say, she didn't find it as amusing as the rest of us did hehe.

LMAO at the fire alarm!!!! I wonder if Marco associates the noises w/a person in particular in my house since she sorta gets stuck on them for like a month then kinda moves on to a new word or phrase. Lets just say with 4 grown men in my house :) her vocab is becoming quite uh "colorful". She has even started sayin the word Boo... at the end of her phrases like are you hungry boo? i love you boo ... its kinda cute :D you can tell the fun things I teach her :rolleyes: and the nawty things my boys have taught her!

Great thread. My Sterling Gris is my sound man. He barks like my pug and rings like my phone. Such a nuisance sometimes!!!

Marco has my one yippee dog down pat too, its bad nuff that lil thing barks his head off but when she does it ... its even worse. When we are outside on the porch there is our chairs infront of the window and she likes to come over to it, sit on her bird stand and bark like the dog while looking at us! :rolleyes: I think its actually kinda sweet that ANY time we go sit out there (usually to smoke or something) she climbs down from wherever shes at to look out the window at us ... :D :D

• Haha 1