NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What's Sam doing?

kave70

Greycie does that when she's trying to get our attention to let her out of her cage. Looks like similar behavior. See how he pops his head up to look, I'm assuming to see if he's having any affect. I'm assuming he's wanting something?

Edited by SterlingSL

The holding on with their beak and scratching is a natural behavior when foraging, arranging nest (tree whole bottom) etc. You will see baby and adult greys do this on a towel in the bottom for their cage, inside a cardboard box if you have one in the cage or outside the cage, on the carpet, on a wood floor etc.

Edited by danmcq

I am just so happy i have a wonderful neighbor who works for a box company, we go thru boxes like crazy here. The macaws shred 2 a day, Gabby will work on hers for a few days before we have to replace it. Or i should say before Pat has to replace it, i am not allowed near her box.

Thanks for the info. I don't know how to post the video straight through here, but will give it a try. I wasn't worried about the behavior, it's just been heightened lately, and I was trying to figure it out. Sam's been with us two years and finally lets me hold him.. wooo hoooo!

I am just so happy i have a wonderful neighbor who works for a box company, we go thru boxes like crazy here. The macaws shred 2 a day, Gabby will work on hers for a few days before we have to replace it. Or i should say before Pat has to replace it, i am not allowed near her box.

Cool! Thats a handy Neighbor to have. Dayo goes through cardboard boxes like mad as well. I need to find a friend or neighbor that works at a box company!

• 2 weeks later...

We cleaned out our garage today! Sophie got involved. Gave her a box... she was in heaven! Sean felt she wasn't pulling her weight! LOL! He is TOUGH on Sophie, and has expectations of her that I don't have.I don't get it! I asked him " why are you so tough on Sophie?" He explained... Sophie wants to be involved and not treated like a bird that doesn't understand our expectations!". Jeez... she is just a bird! Meanwhile... she loves Sean like he is the BEST person, she has ever met! Nancy

Couldn't resist posting this! If you look closely, you can see him in there!

Love the photo. That is exactly what Dayo does in his box. The bottom gets completely shredded in to bits and pieces. Thanks for sharing this. :)