NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Been sometime since Oliver has had an update!

murfchck

That was just precious. How lucky your parrots are to come to such a fun loving, playful home. Tell Pat it will be so much easier on his back if he gets something like an IV pole to wheel Oliver around on for his flight simulations. I loved the sound of the bump bump bumps on the tile lines in the floor, sounded like the freeway.

The funny thing is it took Pat a few little trips on his knees before he found that little handle to grab onto. I had just found that at Goodwill along with a lot of other fun toys like that and they had a bigger car there that was in their auction area and it was remote controlled. After seeing how much he likes to ride, we plan on going back tomorrow to see what we have to do to join the auction.

He gave me a love bite yesterday, he is such a cutie pie. Too bad a macaw love bite leaves a bruise. They all got to be outside yesterday from about 10-3. We mowed, gardened and swam and they just loved watching us work so hard. Bubba would call Pat and he would stop whatever he was doing to answer him and then Bubba would either laugh or say what back to him as if Pat called him. Gabby was just making loud kissy noises at him, Bongo wolf whistling. Could you just picture a neighbor who didn't know we had birds, they would think we were perverts with turrets syndrome!

• 5 months later...

So, i thought i would update Oliver and Bubba. They are now independant birds. Oliver was picking Bubba bald so no more play time together :-( but it is for the better. They each have their own stand now and love being alone on them. We still can not take one out of the room without the other screaming but only time will fix that, we hope. lol Oliver actually attacks Bubba now if they get close, we took them outside this weekend and Oliver climbed off me and made a bee line right for Bubba, eyes pinned in attack mode. Not attacking Bubba but the feathers he now has coming in! They are still a mess and actually picking up new words again. Now who taught Bubba the word what??? I guess it is better than him asking why all the time! Oliver can somewhat say good night now and Bubba says ga-night and I love before lights out, it is just the cutest thing. He still refuses to say my name, i am still "Phthhh", hence him just saying I love instead of i love you or i love Lisa. We assume he is just lazy and saying I love covers everything and everyone and he doesn't feel the need to go into detail about what exactly he loves!