NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Willie

Ray P

Willie is my 22 year old + cockatiel who has been with us all his life.

My wife and I were just talking the other day about how we have had cockatiels in our life for over 41 years and that Willie has been with us for over 1/2 those years.

How we got Willie.

One day I was at a F.W Woolworth store picking up some things for the wife and I stopped by the pet section like I always did. At that time we had 5 cockatiels so I was not there to buy one. (just look)

There was this young male that came over to me and it let me scratch his head. At that point in time a lady came over and said, It`s to bad that every bird in that cage will be dead in six months and than she walked away.

That little tiel came home me and I had to explain to the wife why we needed another cockatiel

Well that little cockatiel lasted longer than six months and my wife loves that tiel more than you will ever know.

We just lost a sweet pied tiel back about a month or two that was only 8 years old and with Willies age we know that the time is coming when our house may no longer have a cockatiel in it unless we get one soon.

025.jpg

022.jpg

Willie has been well taken care of and who knows how long he will live but I have no doubt that either before he passes away or soon thereafter there will be another tiel in the Ray household for once you have had one you find you can't live without one in your life, they are great little companions and pack a lot of personality in a small package.

I was at a local pet outlet "Southern Agriculture" (I don't understand the name), and they have some birds for sale. They had two new additions, a cockatiel and a jenday conure. I spent a lot of time interacting with both. I can fully understand why these birds have warmed many hearts. Gracie has forbidden me from getting any new avian companions, but it is fun just to be around such sweet little birds--even if it just 20 minutes or so.

Thank you Ray for sharing Willie and his story with us. I was anxious to finally hear it and meet him . He has just been appointed Mascot of the Cockatiel Room!

It's a wonderful happy ending for Willie. What a lucky bird he is to have found you two. He sure is a beauty!!