NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Paint

ajlinva

Does anyone know of any "bird safe" paint?

Thanks

If you're talking about wooden toys to give a bird you can use the coloring material that's used to put on eggs at Easter. It's put on the wood and soaks in.

If you're talking about a metal cage then there's really no safe paint to use but if the area is in a place that the bird can't EVER get to {ABSOLUTELY SURE}, paint can be used after all rust has been scraped away.

If painting the walls is what you want to do.... I have always removed my birds as far as they can be from room being painted, and hangup plastic.Painting during spring or summer is best, as you can open windows. There is no paint ( in my opinion), better than another. Ventilation is extremely important. Nancy

Walls is what I was talking about - I have purchased a bird store and all of the walls and trim need to be painted. I was thinking that somewhere I had read about a paint that had no odor and would be safe to use around the birds. It is no way I can move the birds out. If there is no safe paint, then the walls will just have to stay the way they are. It has been a bird store for the last two years and we just took over as the new owners this past Wednesday. Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

We are located at 239 Penniman Rd. in Williamsburg, VA. You need to schedule a trip to Busch Gardens or Water Country and come on by, would love to have you! Having the time of my life - loving it! If you are on Facebook, go in and check it out. Anyone who needs anything, just let me know and I will do my best to get what you need at a good price! We don't have a web site yet, but hopefully in the near future. Store phone is 757-253-2113 - e-mail tfn@cox.net

P.S. Party sounds good!