NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

when to beak file?

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

i've been looking closely at pictures of other greys beaks and noticed brians top beak is a bit "bumpy" down the edge.. as in, it's not a straight curve (would take pictures but still dont have my camera back) it is by no means inhibiting him or over grown. i just wondered if it needed filing down. when is the right time to get the beak filed, if at all?

Guest briansmum

yeah he has plenty of things to groom his beak on.. and he does :)

calcium has always worried me.. when i got him the breeder gave me a bottle of calcium supplement, but when i saw the vet he said not to bother with that cos too much calcium can hurt them too as long as he has a calium enriched diet.

brian has harrisons pellets which have calcium in them, he gets egg (with the shell) once a week, porridge made with rice milk (lactose and dairy free but with added calcium) a couple of times a week and almond nuts. is this enough?

Hi Beccy,

I personally would not worry about Brian's Beak from the description you have given. As far as beak filing or grinding goes, I would never have that done.

Their Beaks maintain themselves just fine without human intervention by worrying about "Cosmetics". Unless of course you wanted to get a Halloween "JackoLantern" saw-tooth grind to greet the little ones at the door with :P

halloween_pumpkins_129.gif<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/10/21 14:44