NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What do you think?

Jayd

:confused: Hammy and Pretty-mama are in the mood again, We were thinking that if enough members were interested we would breed them and do a video/photo day by day fro birth to fledge. We would do what we call Shared Parronts, we would hold each baby a few times each day until they were down to two feedings a day and spoon feed them from then on. We would also have a Naming contest. Hammy and Pretty-mama has given us Cinnamon, White-faced Pied, pied and pearls. Let us know what you think..Jay and Maggie:D

• 5 months later...

We had an 'unplanned parrontcy' that ended up with adding three baby birds to our flock. We did a modified "Shared parronting" and it went pretty well. We held, cuddled and loved them but did not do any feeding. We did offer treats when they started to eat on their own but didn't do any formula or hand feeding. We did not band nor did we clip the babies. Ever. We did find a really good home for all of them - ours. ;) But I have to say the experience of seeing the miracle of their hatching, and watching them grow from tiny helpless naked chicks to full sized feathered adults was worth every bit of work in caring for them. I wanted to find them homes, but as my husband said "You'll never find anyone who will live up to your standards." He was right. But they are out flying around their room right now, on the other side of french doors from this desk. They have a big crock of water and are all soaking wet and having a blast. I feel I made the right decision. I love every moment. We even had a 'nest cam' on Ustream. It still brings tears to my eyes to watch their baby videos. They aren't perfect, trick-doing, command-obeying birds but they are beautiful intelligent members of my flock and I don't regret their arrival at all.