NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Skittles

Brat Birds

Hi I am Skittles, a Sun Conure. My first family bought me on a whim and soon found out I was nippy and made much too much noise for them. I was very lucky in that they wanted me to go to a good home. That is how I ended up with a friend of their parents. She loves me and I love her - from the first moment we met. She likes my yelling a few times a day and she doesn't mind my mess and since I have her companionship I am not at all nippy (of course, except for my first hormonal season I did bite her more than a few times then - but she still loves me!) I can say Hello when the phone rimgs, Thank you when I get something I love to eat, Stop when I, or Mom, does something wrong and I called our dog, Oscar, when he was with us. He has gone to the rainbow bridge now.

I love to cuddle into my Mom's neck, or go down the front of her shirt and cuddle there. I also will sleep under a blanket with Mom at night sometimes. I use to sleep there every night but I have changed and only do it once in a while now. I love ice and once got a beak full of coke fuzz - you know that stuff that fills the glass when you pour coke. I L O V E coke, but don't get it because Mom says it is bad for me.

One of the pictures show me on my Mom's granddaughter's arm. Another shows me after a shower - all wet! Another shows me playing with my 'big' brother, Peanut. The last one shows me on my aunt's head at one of our school visits - don't I make a beautiful hat! LOL

Lynns Skits hat.jpg

Skits too.jpg

Tiny Pics toys.jpg

IM000010.JPG

Skittles is so cute but then I am partial to suns because I have one and she is a feisty one at times and can be nippy but a sweetheart the rest of the time, she doesn't talk just screams at times. She loves to sit on my shoulder and will cuddle into my neck at times and sometimes she tries to go down the front of my shirt, she is the one bird that tears up my clothes so I can't have on good shirts when she is out.

Thanks for sharing some pictures of Skittles with us.

Thanks everyone. Jayd, how old is your Skittles. Mine is 10.

Judy, I change my clothes everytime I come home - I have tees and sweats just to wear around the house. All of them are chewed up. Both mine will sometimes still bite my clothes. That is how Skittles learned the word Stop, because I would be telling him and Peanut to Stop bitting my clothes! LOL He seemed to pick up words that were said rather loudly.

Hi, in the photo, Skittles [and Starburst]was just a couple of months old, now 3 yr's old. Their both very quiet bird, neither bite, but our home is like a aviary. At the time there was over 30 parrots [all ages] in our home, so our parrots were raised like they were in the wild and Maggie [spock] were truly Flock members. Thanks

Picture1012.jpg

Pictureh016.jpg

Brat Birds... Competition! I have seen your pictures of your sunconure. JUST as beautiful as Sunny our rescue! I thought Sunny had the market cornered!LOL! Please visit in the photography room pictures of my guys. I am at my birdstore all the time. Have never seen a sunconure as beautiful as mine.... until you came along! LOL! Beautiful! Nancy

Hey Nancy. Thanks. I have often thought the same thing. I have never seen another Sun with the bright colors and so much orange/red and blue. Now I see another one in your Sunny. Is yours a boy or girl? Skittles is a boy. I actually think all mine are boys, but the other two have not been DNAed.