NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Grey, Nika!

Hey everyone this is VoHooman and this is my first grey Nika!

He is 1.5 Years old wild cought CAG, he is a little bit scared of me but he showed great improvement, it's only 2 hours that he is in my house and he already started playing with his toy! :D

As this is my first grey I will be happy if you can help me with any tips to raise my lovely son! :D

IMG_5383nika.jpg

welcome,He looks lovely, maybe you could add more toys and different size perches, apple tree branches things like that, there is a forum on cages and toys take a look at that for idears, you will get loads of good advice on here the guys have been really helpful and suppotive to me, look forward to hearing more. I dont know much about wild caught birds but I'm sure others will be along with advice.

welcome,He looks lovely, maybe you could add more toys and different size perches, apple tree branches things like that, there is a forum on cages and toys take a look at that for idears, you will get loads of good advice on here the guys have been really helpful and suppotive to me, look forward to hearing more. I dont know much about wild caught birds but I'm sure others will be along with advice.

Thank you aw64. :) I will certainly buy more toys for him now that I know he loves them, he loves the bell this toy has! Also Thanks for the advice.

Hi VoHooman and welcome to you and Kika to the grey forum.

The picture of Kika looks great and we hope to see more of him.

Thanks Ray P. I will certainly will try to upload more pictures of him, I'm actually a photographer but I didn't want to disturb him with camera so I just took some simple pics to post here. ;)

Give your new companion a chance to settle in to his new home. This is all new to him.

Sit by his cage and talk to him or sing to him. My birds like to be read to. Offer treats to him when you walk by his cage and soon when you come by him he will look for you and a treat.

Give your new companion a chance to settle in to his new home. This is all new to him.

Sit by his cage and talk to him or sing to him. My birds like to be read to. Offer treats to him when you walk by his cage and soon when you come by him he will look for you and a treat.

Thanks for the tips, I'm actually trying to give him the space needed because as me or anyone gets near him he jumps right on the floor of his cage. If we get super close like when I'm putting water or food for him he barks really really lowly that you can barely hear it.

As for the treat I can't because he don't get anything from my hand yet. :) I will try to read him my lessons at eve. Thanks again.

Hello VoHooman and welcome to our family.

Nika is a handsome fella and it takes time for a grey to settle into a new home so take your time and be very patient with him as he goes thru the adjustment and you will be handsomely rewarded. You have to earn a grey's trust so go slow and easy with him.

Thanks for including a picture of him in your intro post.

Do take a stroll thru the toys and playstands room for threads that deal with making your own toys from some common household items, store bought toys can get expensive and they can go thru them quickly, you can also browse the baby section of stores for suitable toys so happy hunting.