NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing Butch

Sassy

This is Butch.

b4ac83fd0d35be07e1aefd2b34541afa.jpg

dbab9032173b9832e5d8f356277a5bf4.jpg

Today he joined our flock. We aren't totally sure what he is exactly as he appears to be a hybrid cockatoo of umbrella and either a citron or sulpher crested. We also aren't sure he's really a he (getting tested to make sure). Also based on info on his ring he might be 25 years old.

We are replacing his cage and everything as it was a mess.

The baby appears to be a Citron [sumba] Too. It has the yellow ear patches and yellow on the under wing. A real beauty.... A Galha will cross breed with any other "TOO. The problem with Hybrids is they can pick up bad traits and possible medical problems. In your study and research in comparing this sweet heart, don't go or judge by name but by habits and trait's, the bird might act like a Goffin or a Bare eye..... http://www.avianweb.com/citroncockatoo.html

Edited by Jayd

He's definitely not a baby. Min 10 and possibly 25 years old. We feel he's a mix of the umbrella and the citron. He is a BIG boy though. The woman at the bird shop said he's as big as her male triton.

LOL, I call all our wonderful fids "BABY"....Our Tango is a Triton. Best luck.

Edited by Jayd
Tango instead of Fred

Hi, after researching and checking around, it looks like Butch is A Citron "TOO, they grow to 15 inch's plus, that's as large as a Greater or Triton. In the photos you provided he's in "Full Puff", wait till he brings his lover face feathers up to cover his lower mandible, [grandpa mode lol] Here's a link showing a large Citron in full puff. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Citron+Cockatoos%2C&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

Hubby calls that puff hideing the lower mandible is them saying see I won't bite-no beak.

They are really just faking ya out! It's the "see, i won't bite you, come closer and see for yourself...Oops, i lied" look! I still fall for it everytime though! I will say i got a great "too" backrub tonight. He ran up and down my back jumping, hubby kept trying to get him on his but he wouldn't! Yeah me! Lol