NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Flight suits vs. Harnesses

Hannah_Rae

i'm getting my baby in two weeks well the end of the month and i wanted to get a harness so the bird can go out in the summer time with me, are the easy to put on and easy to train the bird to wear. my husband is building an out door avairy but still want to put a harness on i dont want him to get away even though his wings will be clipped

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm getting my baby in two weeks well the end of the month and i wanted to get a harness so the bird can go out in the summer time with me, are the easy to put on and easy to train the bird to wear. my husband is building an out door avairy but still want to put a harness on i dont want him to get away even though his wings will be clipped

• 2 weeks later...

heard that the harness is the only escape proof harness - the aviator harness... & is the only one that goes to the flightline... seach net for this - this allows ur grey t fly up to 30feet away - I am getting myself one of these very soon - anyone else got one???

xxx

Haven't ordered the extra flightline yet. Just getting him used to the harness and going outside. The flights will be a little more down the road for Dayo. One step at a time. :-)

The DVD is great and very informative.

I have the flightline. But I actually dont use it much. Its a pain when she flys past a tree and then comes back from the other side! We seem to spend longer untangling her from the bushes and trees than actually flying!

I am also concerned about electical lines over my fields so I cant let her fly there. I would probably have been better off with just the harness.

Guest Skuffy

Got my Harness the other day.It isn't the aviator, store has to order me 1.The one we have here is Premier Feather Tether,same thing without the vid...Only had it 2days and i can already pick Max up with it in the same hand,i tryed to lay it on his back lastnight.He didn't go mad but he growled went to bite it..ATM its hung on his cage nxt to his fav purch so he can see theres no harm..I'll keep trying, can't wait to get it on him..:woohoo:

Guest Skuffy

I held it in my left hand for most of the night,picking Max up with my right,while he's sat on my shoulder i swop hands with harness and started to stroke him with the hand i had the harness in..He didn't seen to mind,just looked at it a few times then put his head back down for tickle lol...He;s been quiet today not been out his cage alot,they must have there off days like we do where they can't be bothered,plus hes been having late-nights,,,Max needs a Bed time i think#

Mark he definitely needs a set bed time routine, from what you said the other day he is not getting enough sleep,greys require at least 10 hours a night ;) if he is in your living room with you, perhaps try covering him or turn the tv down a little & dim the lights,ignore him if he is chating away .He will get the message eventually.

Guest Skuffy

Hello every-1..Heres a short Vid from Youtube on how to use the aviator Harness....:woohoo:

This short Vid is very interesting to ppl like me, a new Grey owner and wanting to take my Max out:blush:

:dry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rheashard0919

I haven't heard of the flight suit and will look it up and give it a try. I started my grey to get used to the bird harness at 4 months. While Nameliss doesn't like it and yells at me. She allows me to put it on with out any problem. Here however is a suggestion. I put a one pound weight on the leash, the circular type that doesn't open and then either wear it on my wrist or stick it in my pocket. I had a near accident with my first grey with dropping the leash. I also keep extra snaps with beads on them in my pocket and snap them to a key ring just below the leash snap. This distracts my snap opening grey. Sometimes I put cable ties there as an added distraction.