NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Radar

Cinnyminis

Hello all! I am new here and a new grey owner. Radar is 14 weeks old. He is such a delight to our family. I can tell that even as a baby he will be a real character as he grows up!

He insists upon floor time with toys several times a day. He squawks at his shadow, growls and pounces on toys( small wooden beads, wooden sticks, and cardboard bagels are his favorite).

Just this morning, when everyone was still in bed, I heard him start his usual chirping, and then a squawky parrot sound, and then clear as day he said.. morning.... hello... morning.... and went back to tweeting before going back to sleep. He has no lack of conversation, as I have seven kids and we chat to him constantly.

While on the floor, he just recently started making mad dashes down the hall to the bathroom. I cannot figure out if its the mirror or the perching on the shower rod he is after.

I have noticed he has gotten rather defensive around the kids, especially when he is tired. The kids poke their fingers at him way too often and we are in training with the kids to stop that.

One thing that I find amusing, is ANYTHING newly introduced, he decides it is EVIL and he wants nothing to do with it. I bought a play top to keep on the floor for him and he would not even look in its direction...that was until I put his favorite food on it.. he snuck up and extended his body as far as he could reach to grab at the food, growling the whole time.. kinda like, "FINE, I will take the food but I WILL NOT LIKE IT!" Today he explored the top just a bit with his beak. I think in another week he will be all over it.

Anyways... That was a Radar introduction. :) I have found this site very helpful so far and look forward to reading more about these special birds.

182320_4613861023439_83289059_n.jpg

483589_4559689829193_1128508033_n.jpg

198363_4652318064841_114287516_n.jpg

Radar is adorable and I love the picture of him going to sleep, they are so precious at this age with those dark eyes. He sounds like a typical grey and you are going to have so much fun with him.

You are right in stopping the kids from poking at him, it will go a long way in helping to develop a good relationship with the kids if they can stop that activity, no one likes being poked.

Radar sounds adorable and like a very mischevious little guy! Congratulations on your new little one and thank you for the post. It is reassuring for me as I was curious about our CAG (scheduled to arrive mid-February) and our 6-year-old son getting on.