NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Preparing for my new Baby!

Judo

Hello Friends,

Well sorry for being MIA but since my baby girl has'nt arrived yet,I've been buying items such as books on CAG's and I also purchased a nice large Playtop cage made from Avian Adventuer Avairy! It came with 3 stainless steel cups, 3 perch, one big one on playtop with two J hooks on top to add toy's. I also purchased her a nice big wood block toy to hang on one of the J-Hooks. Other then that I've been reading up and on CAG's. Luckily I still had a book about CAG's when I had Rico, the other's i had given away.

Take Care,

JUDO

Thank You!!!:)

Hey Guy's dont ya's worry I won't! Pretty much on my free time I've been going to various Bird Shop's and Breeders checking out their Grey's. One Bird Shop had a 4 Month old Grey that got so attached to me. When I placed him back in his cage he flew up to the bars and started to cry out! It was as if he was saying take me with You!!:unsure: I was so tempted on buying him but I still did'nt have a cage!! My prior CAG which was a male was partial to me. He would always try to feed me with the food that he had eaten earlier.:) Whenever I was cleaning his cage he would say; (Whatcha Doing)?

Thank You All again and I'll try to pop up more often!! I Love this Forum!!

Your Friend,

Judo

P.S. Judo is my nick name because I'am a Judo and Fire arm Instructor~!B)

Welcome back Judo, and don't stay away so long next time, we want updates on the pending arrival of your grey. This is always such an exciting time when waiting to get that bird and the time seems to crawl along.

Be sure to check out the baby department when looking for toys, a lot of them are suitable for greys and they don't cost as much as made for bird toys do.

Thank You!:)

The Breeder of my CAG said that he will probably have a Female CAG ready for me to take home in Late November or Early December. Guy's I'll try not to stay away from the forum but I've learn alot by reading all the post.;) I read that many CAG Owners place a mat or a rug on the floor of the grate in order to prevent their grey from getting hurt in case a fall. Is this advisable? When I had Rico he fell a couple of time while having a war with his hanging wooden blocks and never injured himself? If so please LMK what you all use as a floor mat?

Thanks.......JUDO

You could always put a big towel or blanket folded up in the cage for when they are still a baby, but they won't need it after they get active and are more sure of themselves.

========================================================

I'll try that! Thanks Judygram:)

Yea gotta agree with Tracy. Dont get to carried away, I know my baby isnt spoiled :evil: . Dang I spent more mula on Alcazar than I did on Bailey & Shanook put together. Its so hard not too. Its to much fun!! Love it !! lol. Oh and Tracy told me to lower my perches when I first got ALcazar. I did that it helped alot. Infact a couple days ago I raied them up again and hes ok now. He now manuevers his toys around to get here and there and knows how to climb his cage to get to where he wants to go.