NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rescue Room has a New Moderator!

Talon

I am pleased to announce we have a New Moderator for our Rescue Room! I have asked Katana600 to take on the task of Moderator. She has lots of experience with rescues, and will be a great asset. Her posts are always helpful and full of advice. Her patience, love and compassion for birds shows in all she posts.

Please welcome Katana600, and Congratulations Dee! I know you will be awesome!! :cool:

• Like 1

I am overwhelmed with your kindness and faith. I have a lot to learn, but how could I say no after all this forum has meant to me while I was learning about how to live with a parrot? This is a learn as you go kind of thing, but then again, isn't that the case with our rehomes and rescues as well as our baby greys? Thank you all for creating the experience that exemplifies what this forum was created to accomplish.

Actually, I DID think this room was made for me, LOL. I was wandering around trying to figure out where Gilbert fit in the day this room was announced, I glued myself in. Funny it took me soooo long to go get Gilbert but I didn't think for an extra second to help our forum in any way I can. You know, I was a little nervous, a little feeling like I won't know what to do or when to do it. Then I realized that is exactly how I felt about bringing home "a used bird with a really sharp beak and an attitude". The hardest thing is knowing when to sit back and relax, everything is going to work out just fine.

I just love this forum and the way it includes all the different aspects of parrot companionship and the rescue room helps so much so newcomers understand that every situation is different and the way we might have to treat a new parrot, or traumatized one is a little different than bringing home a baby. With a room of our own, we don't have to explain that on every post. It never ceases to amaze me when there is a older rehome that has just a perfect fit and thrives in a new environment. I just love what every member of this forum offers to create an experience of good advice mixed with light hearted humor and caring compassionate members from every walk of life. Glad to have company along for the journey.

• 4 months later...

katana600... as you are our moderator, for rescued animals, I would like us to do what we can for the bird"Kogi" Empress is interested. Texas to Florida. Empress can't afford the transfer. Nancy .I feel there is a connection. Meant to be. I've worked with rescues and gravy trains with rescued maltese. I am more than willing to help. I have Empress's phone number. PM me what we can do. Nancy

Actually, I DID think this room was made for me, LOL. I was wandering around trying to figure out where Gilbert fit in the day this room was announced, I glued myself in. Funny it took me soooo long to go get Gilbert but I didn't think for an extra second to help our forum in any way I can. You know, I was a little nervous, a little feeling like I won't know what to do or when to do it. Then I realized that is exactly how I felt about bringing home "a used bird with a really sharp beak and an attitude". The hardest thing is knowing when to sit back and relax, everything is going to work out just fine.

I know I am late to the party, but I wanted to congratulate you and offer up my friendship as a fellow rescued-Grey flock member. The above quote could have come right out of my own mouth! Oscar is doing great, and it gives me hope reading about your own Gilbert when we have our tougher days...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

It has been a long time since I have been able to focus on this forum.  What hasn't changed is my devotion to Miss Gilbert.  She is with me always, she travels more miles than my entire hometown of people have accumulated in their lifetime.  There have been days that I wondered if I am "enough" for her.  I know for sure that bringing her into my life was the right thing to do and I haven't regretted it even when it turned out to be a longer adjustment than I expected.  

• Like 2