NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Gus, our lil baby.

murfchck

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have no eggs! So old enough to let her have fun I guess. She cracked me up yesterday when I was putting them to bed. I was late getting home so they winged it with dad. He just opens the doors and lets them out to roam around so free for all. I found if I hid some nuts in her buckets, she will go back into her cage with no problems but the nuts were in my hand when Gus decided he wanted on me and flew at me, Koko did not like this and started charging me. After 3 full circles around the room backwards with Gus hanging on and bowls and nuts in my hand I managed to get out the door to hand Gus to Pat. I went back in expecting a little trouble from her but no, I put her bowl in the cage and she went right in for dinner but I still had her coaxing nuts in my hand so I put them in the bucket anyway, she stopped what she was doing and said loudly, "Where are they?" and ran to her bucket. Pat was still outside the door with Gus and he came in thinking I had said that and that I couldn't find the birds so he was ready to sacrifice himself to lure them out of hiding. lol Poor guy, didn't even put together that Lily was in the cage and he was holding Gus, he just knew I couldn't find the cockatoos and was ready to help. There is never a dull moment here that is for sure.

I was at my friends house yesterday after work, the baby scarlets are well on their way to being full grown and I missed it all. She has 2 baby blue throats though so I still had some to play with and admire. We got the blood for the dna tests and now they hate me but hopefully that will pass soon. haha. I didn't have my phone so no new pictures of them. :-(

I know, it does me to but with 4 now that do lay, I just have to keep my eye on them and keep my fingers crossed. Our neighbor down at the end of the road lost his umbrella to that, she was in her 20's.

I did it, I was told it couldn't be done and dinner wasn't ready until after 9pm last night but I did it! Cleaned all 14 cages after work. I had 13 1/2 done by 7. Koko let me clean half of her double cage before it started to make her mad so I would put down a piece of paper and leave the room. Let her go back to playing and run in a put in another. Gus's cage she wouldn't let me near. When it was time for their dinner, as Pat was getting the bowls, Koko flew at him to attack so she had to go back into her cage, but I was able to get the other half cleaned out while he and her had a talk about how that wasn't nice, lol. I didn't get the paper in so after the cage door was shut, I just slid it in place. Then since she was up, I was able to clean Gus's. Still grab a paper and run but it is clean again. I turned around slowly to look at my progress with pride. Only to see Lily had flapped during the excitement and her paper was everywhere but where I had put it, Koko had hers out again. (I slide it in, she slides it out) It looked like I had not done a thing in there. It took 3 kitchen garbage bags for everyone and looked like I could have used 1 more. Normally I do not do them all in a day but I wasn't able to do them this weekend so I had to before garbage day today! The new girls, Honey and Sunny took it in stride and just watched from the tops, only flew off once. Sunny came down the side and stuck her head inside with me in there putting in the new paper but then just looked at me as if saying, "ok, you are doing it right."

Got a kiss from Sunny last night! I think it was Sunny anyway. I have got to get a better way to tell them apart! I just can't remember who's leg band is flat and who's is rounded, one has the blue on the inside of the band but to hard to see and it is wearing off. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Gus is just a mess, a sweet and lovable mess! I find he is happy every other half hour, the other times he seems confused. He loves Koko but is now spending time with Lily again hanging out on the top of her cage. He is in girl overload we think, problem is as soon as we let Lily out she attacks. He can hang out on top of her cage and all is good, no toe biting but then add Koko to the mix and he starts flying everywhere to get away from them all! He still screams a lot but nothing like before, we can tolerate it now without getting headaches, lol. His screaming now has meaning.

• 3 weeks later...