NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A re homed sweetie

Ray P

Little One is a re homed female pied cockatiel that has been with us for about 8 years or so.

My wife and I have had cockatiels for the better part of 41 years and most of them were re homes.

I worked for a school system for over 31 years and everyone new of me and my birds because I would bring them to school to show the kids and tell them about my birds and their origin.

One day I got a call from a fellow worker who asked me if I wanted another cockatiel and told me a story of how came about to have this bird.

He was home one Sunday sitting in a chair outside next to his garage when a lady came up his driveway and said your bird is out.

Don told the lady that he did not have a bird, that he had cats. The lady than went over to Don`s wife who was also out side and said your bird is out and is on the peak of your garage.

Don looked up and saw this cockatiel at the peak of his garage. He walked over to his garage by the gutter and said, Hay dummy come here and the bird ran down the roof of the garage and jumped on to his hand.

Don went to the police station ,pet shops and vets and reported this lost bird. He had no way of keeping this bird so he asked me if I would take care of it until some one claimed it and I said yes.

Its been over 8 years and no one has come for her so I think she belongs to me.

She is a very sweet lovable tiel and they can`t have her back now.

001.jpg

017.jpg

Edited by Ray P

That is a great story Ray of how you came to have Little One, somewhat of how I came to have Gypsy, she just showed up in my backyard one day two summers ago and I couldn't find her owner so I kept her and she has turned out to be a great little bird, very sweet and lovable.