NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just learning

I will when I get some decent ones...she's a little buggar she's started to whistle it's exactly the same as my partners..everytime she's out she comes straight to me and will just stand on my head..last few times she has had a poo on me :/ I hope she realises that I'm not a toilet haha

Hello Katie and welcome to our family.

Congrats on your baby grey Cleo, is this your first grey, first parrot?

You need to browse thru the many threads here on the forum for similar questions and see the responses from the many members here for you will find most of your answers but feel free to ask any and all questions.

I would discourage Cleo from landing on your head then staying there, its not a proper perch for her and as you have discovered it results in poop in the hair which is unacceptable so when she flys towards your head just put your arm up to divert her elsewhere, she will soon get the hint that she is not to land there.

Hello Katie and welcome to our family.

Congrats on your baby grey Cleo, is this your first grey, first parrot?

You need to browse thru the many threads here on the forum for similar questions and see the responses from the many members here for you will find most of your answers but feel free to ask any and all questions.

I would discourage Cleo from landing on your head then staying there, its not a proper perch for her and as you have discovered it results in poop in the hair which is unacceptable so when she flys towards your head just put your arm up to divert her elsewhere, she will soon get the hint that she is not to land there.

Even when she is on my shoulder she will climb up onto my head

Even when she is on my shoulder she will climb up onto my head
heyyyyy and welcome to you and your new baby ...

I learned pretty quick while allowing marco to play behind my head to be VERY leary she crawled up on my head and before I could scoot her off she leaned down and snatched my earing out of my ear !!!!!!! it happened SO fast anddddddddd it not only hurt me but she had the ONE part of my earing in her beak so I freaked out so now we dont allow head or shoulder no matter how much she insists lol :D cant wait to see pics of the baby!

Sophie would steal my earrings as well. Quick as a fox! I think she was " gem" fascinated, as I love emeralds , sapphires and diamonds! LOL ( small guys!) NOT rich! She didn't hurt me though. I didn't wear earrings for about a year, until she learned shoulder status. The goal SHOULD be shoulder status, just takes time. Six months for Sophie. Now she does 50/50. On my shoulder when I do chores, she wants to come. On my wrist when I'm on the couch, she wants to cuddle. Nancy

• 2 weeks later...