NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why we join forums

Ray P

There are many reasons we join forums, a common interest, to learn, to share, ect..

I as a parrot lover have friends and family members that just don`t understand my connection with my birds, They think their cute but they say, aren`t they mean and they bite hard and you can`t trust them and they make a mess and are noisy.

That sounds a lot like our kids, but there is an advantage, they will never ask to borrow the car,

(I hope)

You bird said I love you for the first time and you friends and outside family members say, that`s nice, but you forum friends share your joy.

You have a problem with your parrot and your friends and family say, to bad, but your forum family will give you advice.

We may never see each other or talk to each other face to face, but its a feather that brought us together.

No matter where you come from ,your country, or what your background or race, or politics, a feather brought us together.

Our parrots come from all over the world and they mean the world to us

I think there is a lesson here.

• Haha 1

I sought out information for my first parrot and found the descriptions of African greys to be closest to her behavior. Then I searched for more information about greys and this forum came up in the search and I joined my very first and only forum. I joined to learn, but I stayed because of the community of really intelligent caring people and the parrots that love you all. All of the reasons you shared Ray are spot on. No one else besides our vet cares if Gilbert climbs off his cage for the first time. We learn, we share and we care. Great thread, thanks.

There are many reasons we join forums, a common interest, to learn, to share, ect..

I as a parrot lover have friends and family members that just don`t understand my connection with my birds, They think their cute but they say, aren`t they mean and they bite hard and you can`t trust them and they make a mess and are noisy.

That sounds a lot like our kids, but there is an advantage, they will never ask to borrow the car,

(I hope)

You bird said I love you for the first time and you friends and outside family members say, that`s nice, but you forum friends share your joy.

You have a problem with your parrot and your friends and family say, to bad, but your forum family will give you advice.

We may never see each other or talk to each other face to face, but its a feather that brought us together.

No matter where you come from ,your country, or what your background or race, or politics, a feather brought us together.

Our parrots come from all over the world and they mean the world to us

I think there is a lesson here.

A big part of the "Message" is being able to share and know people like you...............

I joined this forum because I was tired of wearing out friends and family with bird information and stories. Most of them listened for about 1 minute before their eyes starting glazing over with boredom. :) I have many friends in San Diego (145 miles away), but few in my immediate area. I work a lot, so there's not much time for in-person social networking after a long work day. On weekends I see other birders, but not many of them are parrot people.

Not only is there the sharing of information, but there's an immediate bonding..."Ohhhh, you're a parrot person too!!"

A place to share our discoveries, our joys and our sorrows all bound together by the blessings of sharing our lives, stories, pictures & hearts with all of you and our wonderful birds. Greyt post Ray! It is also a place to look for answers, guidance and a little support for those difficult times.

• 2 years later...

For me... It's to help folk. Sharing is learning twice..

And one of my favorite quotes from the Fab 4. "The love you get is equal to the love.. you make."

Forums I belong to.

Greyforum (Wonderful Loving People)

Mylespaul (Gibson les Pauls)

Strat Talk (Fender Stratocasters)

1911 forum (firearms)

AR15 (firearms)

DPreview (cameras)