NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Floorjaws - Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the kitchen!

zandische

Gryph and Seraph have discovered that being down on the ground makes them the kitchen's top new predator of all time, and the think their new favorite game is finding unsuspecting toes and ankles...

Lured by the scent of human flesh, the sharks begin to circle...

floorjaws8.jpg

dunh-duhn, duhn-duhn...duhnduhnduhnduhn....

floorsjaws6.jpg

run away, run away!

floorjaws3.jpg

Almost got me...

floorjaws7.jpg

Aiiiiieee!!! It's almost here!!!!

floorjaws5.jpg

The floor time is a fairly recent development. It started because my husband likes to put on his shoes by first picking up his shoe and holding it while he pulls the laces loose, and as soon as Gryphon saw that the shoe + laces + floor = super bird fun, it has been a "game" to fly down to the floor at find the nearest shoe/foot/ankle ever since. It's kind of funny, because if they drop a foot toy they will sometimes fly down to pick it up too. Gives new meaning to teaching your birds to pick their toys up when they're done with them ;)

Just fyi - floors can be very dangerous unsupervised, as there is a lot that they can get into (power cords, baseboards, furniture etc), other pets can get them (thankfully not in our house at least) and just stepping on your bird is a huge danger if you're not paying attention. I don't let them down there if I can't directly supervise what they're doing, just fyi! ALWAYS know where your bird is and what he's doing. Just a friendly public service announcement :)

Flexible water lines are great for hiding electrical cords. They won't stop a determined critter but will buy you a few extra seconds. The added benefit is the water lines prevent vacuum cleaner nicks in electric cords.

The floor time is a fairly recent development. It started because my husband likes to put on his shoes by first picking up his shoe and holding it while he pulls the laces loose, and as soon as Gryphon saw that the shoe + laces + floor = super bird fun, it has been a "game" to fly down to the floor at find the nearest shoe/foot/ankle ever since. It's kind of funny, because if they drop a foot toy they will sometimes fly down to pick it up too. Gives new meaning to teaching your birds to pick their toys up when they're done with them ;)

Just fyi - floors can be very dangerous unsupervised, as there is a lot that they can get into (power cords, baseboards, furniture etc), other pets can get them (thankfully not in our house at least) and just stepping on your bird is a huge danger if you're not paying attention. I don't let them down there if I can't directly supervise what they're doing, just fyi! ALWAYS know where your bird is and what he's doing. Just a friendly public service announcement :)

You have identified an new species, the great grey floor sharks. That is so funny. Of course it is not my tender toes in question. I loved the progression of photos and the body language and posture of your prey animals turned predator. The once hunted becomes the hunter. What an awesome turnabout.