NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Had to tell SOMEONE!!!

lisachristine

Today was one of the most amazing days of my life! I've had Rosie now for over a year and just recently all her flight feathers have grown back from a HORRIBLE wing clip. When she came to me, one wing was as long as her tail feathers and the other was nothing but a nub. She couldn't fly, let alone perch that well. The other day I decided to open her cage (we've been trying to incourage her to come out more often) which she hardly ever does. Well, she finally came out and jumped to the ground. As I reached down to get her she shot straight up, flew accross the livingroom, did a u-turn to dodge the window, and landed on the rug from where she took off!!!! My son and I were speechless! We didn't think she could fly! What an amazing site.....Thanks for letting me ramble. You guys are the only ones that understand bird talk :)

These milestone moments will be forever etched in your heart and spirit. I am so happy for Rosie and for your family. Something changes when they can move freely and choose where to go next. I am guessing Rosie was just as surprised by her flight as you and your son. I have great hopes that some day I will see Gilbert take that first flight. Congratulations to you and Rosie. Way to go Rosie!

Misty was like that seven years ago. Horrible clip and clumsy attempts to fly but now he is a beautiful confident fully feathered flyer and I am so proud of him. You will be amazed at how well they can negotiate tight turns and pinpoint landings. Well done for letting Rosie get her wings back. That said it is good she seems to understand about windows. Just to make sure take her around and let her tap on the window panes.

There is a myth that Greys are clumsy. They are not at all unless they have the misfortune to be clipped.

Steve n Misty

Edited by Mistyparrot