NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Amazon And African Grey's ?

Dusty Grey

Hi Dusty Grey

I have a Congo African grey and a blue fronted amazon and they have learned to tolerate each other.

They get along with each other and will eat off the same plate at the same time.

They are always supervised when they are out at the same time

544.jpg

559.jpg

Love the pics! I wish I could get Timber on the counter to eat off a plate like that. We have gotten to the point where he will step up with no problem, but stepping down is another story! Once he is on my arm that is where he wants to stay until we reach a cage or perch. Getting there though :)

I have a TAG, a CAG and a BF ZON. They have learned how to get along. Each personality is different. My TAG was here first and is the smallest but is the boss. She is always the first to try something new, food or toy. My CAG is the youngest and biggest and he has learned to jump right in when he wants something. My ZON is easy going and is content to be last. He waits his turn and believe it or not my TAG and CAG always leave him something for his patience.

My CAG and my Double Yellow Headed Amazon don't like each other very much. They tolerate each other and try to steer clear of one another. However, the CAG is still young (19 months) and lately he has been challenging the Zon more. I'm having to intervene a lot more than I ever did before. I would never leave them unsupervised.