NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Food Comparisons

BeeFernandez22

My Grey gets Harrisons and eats it through out the day. I mix it in with his seed mix. Harrisons Coarse High Potency was developed specifically for African Grey dietary needs which is different than other parrot types. Greys need more protein, calcium, vitamin A and fats than other parrots.

• 2 weeks later...

when I brought my Tag home he was on tropican pellets but I tried to switch to Harrison's twice no go. he is eating zupreem pellets and vet told me its not as great as Harrison's but good. for some reason he never took to Harrison's so if yours does great. highly rated food

My grey is on Roudybush and has been all her life. She will be 12 in December.

She also has a seed mix along with her vegetables and some fruit.

My zon eats anything in her bowl except Roudybush.

Edited by Ray P

I have made Jake a mix of Pretty Bird, Zupreem Nut Blend, and Zupreem Avian Entrees Wild and Spicy. He likes this combination and it allows him a bit of choice. He also gets a bowl of seed mix that has some dried vegies mixed in with it. He doesn't care for much "people food" but we do have at least 1 bird safe food with our dinner and always offer it. I do want to try adding a bag of Harrisons to the mix and hopefully replace the Pretty Bird because it isn't available locally.

I feed Tui (in between fruit/veg and millet sprays - yes, she's addicted to millet sprays) a food called XtraVital. I'm in the UK so the foods are obviously going to be different. This food is specially formulated for Greys and Cockatoos, and strangely enough it smells like oranges. LOL.

My Zon eats Zupreem fruit blend and will eat seed mixes. My TAG which I just got like 2 weeks ago was on total seed/fruit veg. diet. I got samples of Harrison, Roudybush, and the zupreem I had. So far the TAG will eat the Roudybush a little and the Zupreem a little. Wont eat the Harrison. So I tried it with my Zon and she wont eat the Harrisons either. I do think it is the best. Personally though, I think I am going to do a mix of Zupreems ( veg. and fruit blend and avian entrees) and the Roudybush. These are what is available more locally for me with out having to order out for food. Oddly enough my birds wont eat the nutty version of Zupreem.

I found funny is when I got my HHP he didn't like pellets but I did the switch to first Zupreen Fruit blend which btw does not taste like fruit and made Malachite's poop smell really bad. Than I switched him to Kaytee Exact Natural and he liked it but than he finally notice Harrison's as Ruby ate it. Malachite is on Harrison's High Potency Fine but he like Coarse better but most of it goes wasted because he hasn't mastered holding his food with his foot. I believe size also makes a difference because Ruby loves to hold his food and is a master at it, but Malachite sucks at hold his food and eating at the same time and fine is too small for him; He needs something in-between Fine and Coarse.

none of my birds will eat Harrisons , I have tried twice to get them to eat it , it's a no go around here they seem to love Roudybush and I have some TOPS right now I'am mixing with the Roudybush but so far I just end up tossing them out no one seems to like them I guess we have a Roudybush Flock around here