NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello! Intro and Question..?

It is just joyful to watch Skippy in action. The way the two of your interact is delightful. You are both very very lucky to have found each other. I am almost eighteen months in with a rehome with a lot bigger issues than Skippy and I still don't have the hand's on or exuberance and outgoing personality. I know it is in there but Gilbert still acts traumatized and timid. You two seem like you have been together forever. Great job you are doing with him.

welcome and great video. I have a 4 year old TAG Zuri does the exact same thing as soon as he sees me in my uniform for work. starts with beak rubbing on my hand then wing fluttering and regurgitation of food. sometimes smells horrible haha. I figured it was a mating thing but weird only does it when I'm leaving to work. funny thing is. in the morning he's soo grumpy and wants to bite me. started couple months ago thinking its a nesting behavior. what do you guys all think? soon as he's on his day perch he's a perfect bird. also been seeing him scraped the newspaper into a corner of his cage. anyone else's do this?

yes I also know all too well about bad wing clipping. he's free flitted now but when I first got him he was clipped and took him to a "avian vet " and learned quickly wasn't. they hacked him really bad, poor guy.

kashalp Welcome! Thanks for rescuing Skippy!I believe in wing clipping, to help a bird, develop during behavioral needs. Any baby or new bird, needs to learn how to fly. Clipping at this time, would NOT be beneficial to your new bird.All my birds know how to fly. When they struggled with the terrible two's, they were clipped so they could focus on learning. ( clipped means being able to fly two rooms away). A very limited time. Safety is very important! My kids know, NEVER to respond to kitchen or front door, if the doorbell goes off. Always, go thru garage, and open the door. Nancy