NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage Size Question! :)

Shay

I'm looking into buying Jager a new cage. I have one in mind, but I'm unsure about something.

The description for this cage says that it'll work for Timneh African Grey's, but it says it in a wording that makes me thing it would /just/ be enough room for them and a congo would be a little too big.

Edit:// Whoops! Forgot to paste the link to the cage.

http://www.goldencockatoo.com/2889.html

Maybe someone here would have a better idea, because I can't tell by the dimensions alone whether it would work, or if I should go up in size to the next cage. Thanks everyone for your help!

Actually, I do have another question. I recently bought a female eclectus (I named Syrah, after the red wine, to with Jagermeister!) the store I bought her from told me that an elderly lady brought her in on her shoulder, and couldn't keep her any longer because she was being brought to a home, she was really upset knowing that the bird (only 4 years old) would out live her. Syrah is very sweet, a little strange (when compared to Jager anyway), but sweet. I was told that she was never kept in a cage until she came to the store. Instead the elderly lady kept her on one of those perch play stands. I know that birds like to have their own cages for security purposes, but I was told that she only sits at the bottom of the cage looking confused/scared. After bringing her home, I saw that this was mostly true, unless you gave her the option to sit on top of the outside of the cage. My question is, should I just let this be a special case and not use a cage? I was also told that if I used a cage she would probably be more comfortable in a smaller one, since she doesn't really understand it to begin with. Though, I feel odd putting a bird that needs the same cage requirements as a grey in a cage that would be more conure-sized.

All and any help is greatly appreciated!!!

To me, this cage is a little small for a CAG, unless, both your parrot will only use it for sleeping and nap time, it's okay. Our fids are out all the time except when they sleep. [10-12- hr's] Most have small cages...Thank Jayd:cool:

I thank everyone for their feedback and would like to say that I took it to heart and decided to get them both one of these cages instead. They're already ordered, a black one for Syrah, and a white one for Jagermeister. The reviews were very positive, it's more affordable, about as durable, and it's massive. Now hopefully, they will fit in my house! xD

http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/jaspercornerbirdcage.cfm

Oh, and here's a picture of Syrah that I wanted to share, from dinner earlier! :D

photo32.jpg