NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi fellow bird brains

I am new to this forum and to forums in general, I wanted to join because no one I know seems to understand how important my birds are to me, so I guess I am just looking for others who understand. I have 2 African Greys, 3 Cockatoos, 2 Mccaws, 1 eclectus (female) and 2 quakers. A few have been rescues (so to speak). They are my world, and would be very sad without them. I don't have any human children, sadly. I look forward to getting to know you all and share stories and information.

Hi birdistheword and welcome to the grey forum and that goes for all your fids to.

Awesome flock.

Here is the best part. We also have an other birds room with sub rooms for your flock.

We also honor your other birds in the honor thread. Its a sticky thread.

So if you eather post or PM me with the names and species of your other birds I will enter them in the honor thread.

Thank you-glad to have joined you all. I left off a couple by mistake. I have quite a big flock, each and everyone wonderful in thier own unique way and lots and lots of work as everyone here can attest to. I am located in Oklahoma, love all animals not just birds. Just a little more info for what it is worth.

Ziggy-Congo African Grey

Kiera-Congo African Grey

Ozzy-Blue & Gold Mccaw

Showggie-Green Wing Mccaw

Big Red-Mulican Cockatoo

Babie-Umbrella Cockatoo

Nicholas-Umbrella Cockatoo

Joe-Yellow Head Amazon

Sasha-Female Eclectus

Petey-Green Quaker

Buckwheat-Blue Quaker

Borris-Green Quaker

Wow, that's an impressive list! I would like to see pics too. I have to say I can't imagine how expensive it is to keep all those birds happy and healthy. I've had Timber (TAG) for less than two months and have already spent more on his "things" than I can believe. It's worth it to me, but I can't imagine having to provide for 12! Kudos...

Thank you- Impressive, most say stupid or crazy. I say whatever>>><<< 9-large to medium and 3- small but yes, twelve is quite the undertaking, never a dull or idle minute. If I were rich as I would like to be they would have all of the best of everything, but as it stands I give them the best food I can afford which, as we all know is of many different opinions and ideals. Everyone does have a large cage for the particular species, make most everything I can as far as toys, enrichment and entertainment items. I have made just about, let me rephrase that, have tried to make just about anything you could possibly make yourself. Give them all the love and attention I possibly can. A few less would be ideal, but I don't think I could choose and don't want to. I am dreaming of a great outdoor aviary, (saving for materials and doing it myself). I am still researching the best configurations and cost of materials and in some instances where to purchase these items from. I could go on and on. I will post some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Birdistheword and welcome to our family, my you do have a big flock of parrots.

I am sure they reward you greatly for all the time you spend taking care of their many needs and wants, I couldn't imagine myself with so many but I admire those who go for what they want, must never be a dull moment in your home.

I would like to see some pictures of all your flock, we have an other birds room where you can put them.

You have come to the right place because we not only understand what your birds mean to you, we are of the same mind because our parrots mean so much to each of us. Whether we have one or a ton, each one is unique and valued as an individual. Seriously, before we brought home our first little parrot six years ago, I would not have understood the devotion either so I forgive extended family and friends for not getting it. Once they come and visit they love the stories they can tell but they still don't quite get it.