NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

screaming habit almost solve!!! *quick update

Momo

hello guys,

remember my wild momo was screaming all the day non-stop??we almost solve this problem!

after i tried so many method and trick to make him quite,i found out busy schedule work best.

he wake up from 10-10pm so what i do everyday is:

-total eating time 4 times per day: 1 hour

-playing time specially foraging and shedding: busy for 3-4 hours

-sunbathing outdoor: 1 hour

-watching video/movie or shower:1 hour

-total training time 3 times per day:almost 1 hour

-nap time: 2 hours

total activity:10 hours

*he still has around 2 hours more and he can do anything as he wish.sometimes he will scream(we tolerate this) or sometimes he just gonna take a longer nap.i also find out he has his own fav type of toys and the color of his toys must to be red!everything red or he wont touch them at all.

this schedule work best for us until now and we still trying to figure out if there is a better idea :)

now he will step up for me to come out from his cage(nicely) but will refuse to step up from top of his cage.well im satisfy for his progress and i will not rush anything.

thanks for all your support before!!

Momo I am no avian expert, but I would LOVE to suggest, if you need stepup off the top of cage, get a stepstool so you are taller. I'll bet you a USA dollar... he will stepup!LOL Nancy

Being at a good height never hurts. Its hard to be confident, steady and hold your hand/arm/body properly for a step up when you are reaching up and cannot see fully what is going on.