NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My first parrot

Ray P

My first parrot was a parakeet (or budgie if you wish) and that was many many years ago.

I was about 10 or 11 at that time and his or her name was hawk.

Back than when you bought a bird they gave you a paper that said give seed and fresh water daily and keep cage clean, that was it.

Back in the 50`s there was no internet and we lived in the country so it was a long trip to town that had a very small library with few books so you were on your own.

But we made it and had many years of fun and enjoyment and that was my start with parrots that has given me a lifetime of joy.

My first bird was a parakeet too. Only it didn't belong to me :confused:.........

About the time I moved out of my parents home, I purchased a parakeet for my mom. She loved that little bird and treasured it even more because it was a gift from me, the little part of me that I left behind. She named the little bird Harpo as he did not speak and was a relatively quiet little guy. However, it wasn't long before she had him talking up a storm! Such fond memories my mom has of little Harpo. No surprise, she is tickled at my new found interest in birds! It took me a while to figure it out...but by the look of things, I have contracted a serious case of MBS...and I undrstand there is no cure. :rolleyes: