NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cockatiels: the next step

Ray P

There are many parrot and parrot type birds that are kept as pets around the world and the cockatiel is one of the popular small parrots kept as a pet.

Many new bird lovers may start out with canaries or finches and parakeets all who make great companions.

A parakeet may spark the interest in having a larger parrot as a pet or companion, but a parakeet and a african grey or a amazon are worlds apart when it comes to living with them and having them as a companion or pet.

In many cases that first cockatiel is the next step into having a larger parrot of any species.

I started out with a parakeet and I have had them on and off many times over the years and they are a great companion.

It was a little over 40 years ago when the first cockatiel came into my life and to this day I still have tiels and have never been with out one in all these years.

It was the cockatiel that lead me to whear I am today with my fids

I still have two cockatiels, Willie a male normal grey tiel and little One a female pied tiel along with Corky a CAG and Cricket a BFA all because of that next step a cockatiel.

025.jpg

001.jpg

That's wonderful, i was about to purchase a male and a female yesterday. Then i asked myself i was ready to take care of 4 birds at the same time, something told me to wait a little more. They were both yellow colored and had two red spots on the cheek exactly like the one in the photo cockatiel-cage11.jpg

Maybe one day and when i know i am ready.