NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yay! We are gettinga new addition!

DawnMM

My hubby finally agreed to let me get a.....

Black Headed Caique! Whoot!

I get to meet 2 that the breeder has Thursday. I'm crossing my fingers that one of them loves me. I'm very excited. I have done a lot of research on these parrots and talked extensively with the breeder.

It took a lot of bugging my hubby....and I had to agree to let him get a motorcycle (which I would have done anyway;) ). Though him getting a motorcycle, comparing costs, I should be able to get a whole bunch more! LOL Though I am wondering if it's better to get both since they are so energetic.

I cannot wait! Tomorrow I get to meet my new baby. I really hope that Buddy and the baby can get along. Buddy is coming along wonderfully now. He's now watching movies with us in our room. Granted I have to sit on the floor with him because he isn't potty trained and will not go onto the new playgym yet, but at least he will hang on the floor...I just have to watch my toes. He's just doing so well, I hope that the new addition doesn't set anything back. And I've understood that BHC's sometimes do not get along with other parrots that are not the same species, but am hoping that since he is a baby, we won't have too much of a problem. Also though why I'm thinking of getting the second one too. My hubby might kill me though...or I will have no say on anything for at least a year!

Don't worry if they get along or not. Many of us have birds that learn to tolerate and live as a flock, even tho they may not like each other. They eventually settle in to a flock order and know their place. Mine never preen each other, but Talon my grey and Nilah my amazon love to play chase thru the house. My tag starts it and loves it cause she can fly so much better than an amazon!

Don't worry if they get along or not. Many of us have birds that learn to tolerate and live as a flock, even tho they may not like each other. They eventually settle in to a flock order and know their place. Mine never preen each other, but Talon my grey and Nilah my amazon love to play chase thru the house. My tag starts it and loves it cause she can fly so much better than an amazon!

That's how Spock and Salsa was..With all the screaming....

Yay, Dawn! Exciting! Are you going through Scott at Old World?

And I'm hoping I can find time this weekend to get out and cut that mesquite that we talked about - I'll let you know as soon as I have it :)

Congrats on your new fid. I know a woman who breeds caiques and I have met a few. They are spirited and fun. They seem to be quite different from greys, so it will be interesting to read your observations in the Caique room that is on its way.

Amali, I am going through Scott at Old World. I went yesterday and met him and the two babies that he has available. Ah too cute! Here are a few pics...

IMG_0592.jpg

You can see the state my shoulder was in after the visit. My what strong grips they have! They were so cute! I haven't chosen one yet, that will happen after a couple of visits. He said that they should be weaned in 5 weeks.

I sure would love to take both. Wonder how I can finagle that one???

Well if they can't get along, tolerance is definitely appreciated! LOL I guess we'll see.

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg