NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Research

Ray P

How about some good old grey forum research. If you have a amazon and a grey then you can take part

in the quest to find the truth.

The topic is !!! Can your amazon out poop your grey.

Fact: We all know a grey poops about every 20 too 30 minutes.

Fact: We all know that a amazon poops a lot less per day, but in bigger portions.

Fact may be: our fids poop out more than they take in.

OK at the end of the day, Who is the winner.

Grey vs Zons to see who is full of Poooooooo!!!

547.jpg

370.jpg

My greys way outpoop my amazon!!! And with 2 greys, I spend my spare time wiping poops off the floor, chairs, etc. at night before I go to bed, I have to go thru all the spots I know they poop or hang out in and clean it all up. Every night!!!! That's what having free flighted birds does. :) But wouldn't have it another way!

Maggie here...when we opened Spock's door in the morning, we would always hold him at arm's length and one of us would yell "Bomb's away!!" and hope it didn't splatter on us when it hit the ground. For Spock, being Hypoglycemic and eating ten times more a day than your average Grey (all carbs)(His crop would empty in under 2 hours) so it was bombs away all day long. Joey comes in a close second. Salsa's a lady....

None of my birds, can poop like Kiki, our Amazon. She is a " hoarder", of fresh fruits and veggies, and poops 3times, the size of our other birds! We got such a kick out of her the other nite, Kiki showed up at the dinner table, welcoming Ryan back from college. We were eating chicken, I offered her some. Kids got totally " grossed out!" LOL She LOVED it! Nancy

My grey poops very often. I had no idea until I got my zon. Kiwi, my zon holds his poops if we are driving or if he's on me. Peachy, my grey, drops a turd every 10-20 min! All different sizes with the grey but never as HUGE as the big green dollar coin sized poops from kiwi! In their cages, my zon's cage is cleaner.... Less poop scattered and less dander or Downey feathers. so although the zon's poop is larger, my grey out poops him because of her frequency!! I wonder to properly answer this question, someone should put all daily poops in a cup and measure it in 24 hrs! C'mon, it's fascinating! Any volunteers?!! Lol