NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

harrisons parrot food is this the best?

staceyj

Hi am woundering about harrisons parrot food life time coarse is this the beast organic parrot food? Iv been looking up on it and it seems a healthy diet for my african grey pluse il feed him or her fresh fruit and veg aswell, harrisons is exspensive but il pay it all day long for my baby if it is a good diet for him or her, eny advice would be good or eny other food brand witch are good please let me knw thank you xxx

Harrison's is recognized as one of the best pelleted foods for Grey's. I personally always buy the High Potency coarse, due to my grey only eating perhaps 4 or 5 of the pellets a day. I mix them in with his seed mix.

It is sometimes very difficult to get a bird on to pellets 100%, but I have never subscribed to the idea of wanting to, unless you do not provide a well rounded diet of seeds, nuts, veggies, a little fruit and bean mixes etc.

I use Harrison's, I drank the Kool-Aid, but I do believe its mostly PR and hype because the ingredients are not that impressive. We have one bowl with pellets and one with fresh food.

Took eats High Potency Fine; she hated the Coarse and refused to eat it. I know Judygram also uses Fine for her darling because I swtiched on her advice! And it works for Took.