NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Beast Has Arrived

cheebamaster

So...I ordered a "Freedom Cage" that came with the custom "Freedom Buffet" ...this cage was expensive! But well worth it in my opinion. The unique feeder system creates less mess and allows one to put a variety of perches and toys in the cage without worrying about the bird pooping in the food bowl. The whole feeder system is made from 304 grade stainless steel and is great for keeping this sanitary.

The cage itself I'm guessing is made from wrought Iron with a great powder coat. The bar spacing is 1" and the bar widths are 6mm. This thing is huge...measuring 48" Length by 36" width. The playtop has a removable grate which makes it easy to make your own playtop gym which I'll be doing shortly...I'll be spending a couple hours tomorrow setting up the inside/out in preparation for the baby. If anyone's interested in this feeder system or a freedom cage check out http://www.freedomcage.com/

2012-04-20_01-44-19_379.jpg

2012-04-20_01-45-16_971.jpg

2012-04-20_01-44-48_624.jpg

2012-04-20_01-44-04_821.jpg

That feeder system looks better than the steam tables at a buffet. I like that you can get the food in and out without disturbing the parrot should you have a bird sitter or someone helping you. It will be an awesome home when you get it filled with toys.

That's a great looking cage. The feeder looks very interesting so I am exciting to hear how it works for you. I only have one parrot who eats with his head right up to his food (my big BamBam) the Cag. My Tag and zon both like to toss their food on the bottom of the cage and I don't see where this freedom feeder would stop that. Looking forward to hearing how this works as I would love to stop the waste/mess!

That's a great looking cage. The feeder looks very interesting so I am exciting to hear how it works for you. I only have one parrot who eats with his head right up to his food (my big BamBam) the Cag. My Tag and zon both like to toss their food on the bottom of the cage and I don't see where this freedom feeder would stop that. Looking forward to hearing how this works as I would love to stop the waste/mess!

Same with Ellie - all of her food goes to the bottom of the cage. Of course, if even a fraction of a pellet made it to the floor, it would be consumed by one of the dogs before it had a chance to bounce...

• 1 month later...