NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I felt like sharing this with you

TWIX

This is how they keep these poor animals at the Sharjah Bird Market in the UAE. Most of these birds are wild, their diet is only sunflower seeds and there is no water in their dirty/rusted cages :mad: . These are some of the photos i have taken today to share the sadness i feel everytime i go there:

scaled.php?server=845&filename=p1020150p.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=833&filename=p1020142u.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=51&filename=p1020109k.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=577&filename=p1020100f.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=853&filename=p1020099zm.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=138&filename=p1020098y.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=62&filename=p1020103c.jpg&res=landing

This is a CAG that had Orange colored feathers! A wonder!

scaled.php?server=194&filename=p1020106f.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=163&filename=p1020122i.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=851&filename=p1020118z.jpg&res=landing

But after all i was lucky to meet some nice parrots that i felt like taking home with me, they were both longing for a scratch:

scaled.php?server=860&filename=p1020124v.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=268&filename=p1020151001.jpg&res=landing

I also met this little friend or FREE SPIRIT:

scaled.php?server=855&filename=p1020157f.jpg&res=landing

But his friend was in a cage:

scaled.php?server=851&filename=p1020118z.jpg&res=landing

I have recorded two videos, and then only you will have a feel of how i really felt like. I will upload them shortly.

All I saw in the food bowls was sunflower seeds, what a horrible diet for them and no water, I can't imagine they would survive for long with no water, those poor amazons caged together in small cages, it makes my heart break to see them this way, how can people treat these animals this way and sleep at night. Those greys in that fourth pic down from the top look like young ones for their eyes look dark still, thanks for sharing those pics with us but it makes me angry to think of their mistreatment.

thank you so much for showing us the video and pictures. The conditions these birds live in is horrible. You could try to talk to the shop owners, but I doubt that anything will change... these type of shop owners see birds like a piece of meat... and really do the bare minimum to keep them alive... I will say, as horrible as these conditions were, I have seen so much worse... luckily not personally... but still... you are really brave for going in there... I could never do it

Guest candismalli

I have read somewhere before that if you go to bird shows or other places like that you should shower and change before interacting with your birds, and especially keep any new birds seperate for quite a while. With the conditions of that place I would urge you to shower immediately before going near your beautiful birds so as to not pass along any diseases that some of those birds transmit. In a place like that I would expect even more disease with those conditions!

I think it's going to take a very long time to get the entire world on board about proper treatment of animals. I thank you for the very vivid reminder how far we have to go. It must've been harder for you to be right there. Thanks for sharing- you take great photos.

:*( I can't help but cry for these poor creatures! All of them! This is soooo horrible! I wish I had the abilities to go break in at night take them all out and then burn the place down. Sooo soooo sad!!! This just infuriates me