NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Steam Mops?

kave70

We're always trying to be careful about what cleaners we use in the house, especially for our FIDS sake.

I was wondering if anyone uses one of those steam mops in/around bird messess. It says it only uses water to clean/sanitize. Does it clean well? Are you happy with it?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I have seen some advertised lately that I have thought of getting, maybe it is the same ones you are talking about, I don't see what the harm could be if it only uses water to clean/sanitize. If you do get one be sure to let us know what you think of it.

I have one of those Shark hand-held steam cleaners and I love it. It loosens up dried on poops, blasts seeds out of hard-to-reach places, blows away birdy dust, and leaves things really clean. Of course, Dorian has to be somewhere else because of the heat. Only down side? The heat 'refreshes' the poop smell! lol

I have the Shark vac and steam. It does work great on the floors. I have both tile and wood through out my house. No carpets! It did however aquire a leak from the back of the water tank so it gets wetter than it should but i just throw a towel down and shuffle around, before though it worked great and dried very quickly.

I bought both a steam mop and a steam cleaner and I am having way too much fun with them. After a lot of research I ended up buying Haan products and so far they are GREAT!! Sam's cage was so much easier to clean. The steam loosened all the poop and spattered food and it took me almost no time at all to wipe it all down.

I just steam cleaned the cage we will be using for the new baby, and will spray vinegar and peroxide on it too, when it's dry and assembled.

What a great find! Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Karen and Sam

I keep asking...how messy are they to use? Does it get the floor wet, etc, is there much of a wet mess to clean up after?

It all depends on the setting that you are using. Fabric uses little steam, mop uses a bit more, and cleaner uses gushes of it. So, using it on the mop setting, and with the mop pad attached is like using a swiffer wet jet. I love that it doesn't soak your floor, and you don't have the lingering chemicals. The pad then un-velcros off and you just throw it in the wash. My wood floors and tile floors have never looked better!

which model did you get?

I got a HAAN Deluxe Total Steam Cleaning System - Includes FS20+ and HS20

So far, I'm exceptionally happy with it.

Here is a link on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027AK4WA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Talon- I didn't find it messy at all. I have a horse stall mat under Sams HUGE cage, and I can actually step in his cage to clean it. I didn't have any excessive mess- it was actually easier than when I used a rag and a bucket of water.

As far as the mop, it was less water than I normally use too.

We have a shark steam mop the wife has already worn out two of them(in 8 yrs 7 on the first) they are awesome the nice thing about it is you pull the pad off and throw it in the wash. doesn't leave the floor damp just moist and really cleans the poop off the floor, I think I will invest in a handheld for the cage

and its safe for the birds

LOL I mentioned that I wanted to look at a handheld steamer while shopping last night and the wife informed me we had one in the closet and Low and behold we did I cleaned Fergies cage and WOW that thing works like a champ, cleaned everything right I highly suggest it!!!

• 1 month later...

So, we got our steam mop and a hand held steam cleaner. I cannot believe how much the cleaner helps with the cage cleaning. This weekend my husband used it for the first time, cleaning Sam's palace, and he was completely thrilled. He said that he thinks it should be mandatory tool for all parrot owners.. hahahahahhaa

Now that he loves it, maybe he will help me with the weekly overhauls more often :P

So, we got our steam mop and a hand held steam cleaner. I cannot believe how much the cleaner helps with the cage cleaning. This weekend my husband used it for the first time, cleaning Sam's palace, and he was completely thrilled. He said that he thinks it should be mandatory tool for all parrot owners.. hahahahahhaa

Now that he loves it, maybe he will help me with the weekly overhauls more often :P

Well, you're looking at it the wrong way. Because he bought it for you to make things easier you should promise him that you'll do more areas in the house which will give him more time to relax with his hobbies or give him more time to watch more TV. A wife should always know her place in the home.Pleasing the husband should be your #1 priority.

well, you're looking at it the wrong way. Because he bought it for you to make things easier you should promise him that you'll do more areas in the house which will give him more time to relax with his hobbies or give him more time to watch more tv. A wife should always know her place in the home.pleasing the husband should be your #1 priority.

good grief!!!!!!