NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New here! Hope someone can answer a question for me, worried about my baby

I went online hoping to find help and found this site. I can't wait to read every bit of it! I have had my baby for 11 years, she is 13 years old. Unfortunately she spent the first years of her life in a pet store. I love her very much, and rotate her toys often, with one exception. She has become extremely attached to the copper bell on one of her toys, and I have been reluctant to take it from her. Suffice it to say, this bell has been in her cage a few months, and is now her "boyfriend". She is very protective of it, and will display some aggression if you touch the toy. Her human flock has had to work excessive hours lately, so I have felt unwilling to take it from her. I am confused about what to do here. I hate to take her boyfriend away from her, but at the same time, I am very concerned about her attempting to lay, and possibly becoming "egg-bound", as well as aggression issues. Any advice is very appreciated!

Hi, I have a question, is the bell really copper? If it is, you have no choice but to remove it immediately,copper is poison to parrots. The poison is accumulated slowly into their system. You should replace this with a safe bell, there plated and have the clapper deep inside wher the parot can't rip it out and swallow it..It is advisable to remove any item if you feel she is sexually attracted to it, continue to try and substitute something else for it. ,Welcome and thanks for joining this Greyt forum.. Jayd