NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Archimedes "got a job"

snoepgoed123

Archimedes loves helping me when I do my makeup... picking out my brushes, my mascara... attempting to dismantle them... you know... typical grey stuff... so rather than try to chase him off any time I try to apply any makeup.... I gave him his own kabuki brush (fluffy face brush that has a stubby handle) well... he loves it... I think he's a makeup artist in training...

he also has a part time job of proofreading my research papers for school... and gives them a bite of approval...

here he is applying his own makeup (btw the brush doesn't have any makeup... I bought it at a whim and its just too scratchy... and he only gets it while I'm rushing to do my makeup)

2221398.JPG

Greys LOVE to imitate! Its what they do best! If we can support them with their imitation, I believe it makes a bird to feel more secure. Whether it be grooming, providing them with their own hairbrush, or pretend makeup kit, I believe it is important to satisfy their needs. Sophie is more into " numbers". Her checkbook is very important to her. I believe she is going to be an accountant, when she grows up! Nancy

Nancy, you're so right! Archimedes loves helping me out, and doing what I do... His favorite things are helping with the keyboard (which is why we got him his own that he can destroy) and now he has his own tube of mascara (heavy duty that he can't puncture) and his own kabuki brush... I love it, because now that he has his decoys, he has stopped destroying the real things... He happily sits on the back of my chair playing with the kabuki brush while I do my makeup... and he'll happily yank on his own keys while I'm writing my witty (or so I think) responses...

since apparently I'm not the only one who has a grey that enjoys beautifying himself... we should set up our own business!! we got some nailtechs on board... and I'm sure theres a hairstylist somewhere... and Nancy, Sophie can run the numbers!

Greys LOVE to imitate! Its what they do best! If we can support them with their imitation, I believe it makes a bird to feel more secure. Whether it be grooming, providing them with their own hairbrush, or pretend makeup kit, I believe it is important to satisfy their needs. Sophie is more into " numbers". Her checkbook is very important to her. I believe she is going to be an accountant, when she grows up! Nancy

I like that, providing them with theirs"own" items that resemble what we are doing....thanks for the suggestion.:)