NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Clothes

Guest XxExoticPsychExX

Guest XxExoticPsychExX

So they already chew on our clothes, but do we know if we could make toys out of old shirts or jeans?

I bought a pair of toddlers Oshkosh overalls at the resale shop. I tied cotton rope and Raffia to the straps, stitched foot toys too it and stuffed the pockets with shreddables and treats. then hung from the cage roof and they had a blast even burrowing down the legs so funny. Removed after they got it too torn up so there would be no hangings or other accidents, it lasted 2 weeks. It looked cute too!

Guest XxExoticPsychExX
. . . . Maybe cutting thin strips and braiding them?

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking of tying them in between a string of beads or some wood pieces. Maybe even stringing them through other craft pieces or making a chew toy out of them. A hide could be made out of a pant leg portion for the smaller birds like sun conures too.

Our clothes are made up of so many different types of fabric; would there be some types to steer clear of?

Use only natural fabrics like 100% Cotton or Linen, Silk only as small ties so it does not thread as it could be almost invisible if it wrapped around a leg. Wool as pom pom type things or ties again to avoid wrapping around any bird parts. No nylon or man made materials.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...