NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New photos of DJ

TWIX

I think he is a bit thin, i can feel the bone in the middle of his chest! I offer him different food in 3 different bowls, there is a mixed seeds bowl (Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health), one for fresh mixed veggies and the 3rd is for my special treats (Banana, apple,...etc). He was on a very bad diet, the breeder used to feed him Sunflower seeds (Lots of them) and little apple. So i hope he will get better soon. I hope this helps :)

DJ is a great looking grey.

What does DJ stand for ?

We had a cockatiel whos name was JB that stood foe Just Bird.

Off topic, but my cat JAC's name stands for Just A Cat.

DJ is beautiful. You're one of the lucky ones that has a bird who doesn't act like water will kill him :)

Edited by Acappella

TWIX not sure if he is too thin. Only you know best by feeling him and weighing. I just LOVE the pictures! A very secure and trusting baby! Kudos to you for the bath. Sophie would be like from the Wizard of Oz.... I'm melting! I'm melting! I'm sure many grey owners know this feeling. Nancy

Well, he is not too thin, but when i got him home, i didn't feel the bone in his chest! Now i can feel it and i guess it's because he didn't want to eat properly. The move was stressful to him and i was trying to change his bad diet. He was offered sunflower seeds and little apple (By the breeder). Now he is eating vegetables and everything else i offer him. The very few breeders we have here are not as good as the ones you have, they are all after making quick money, so they don't pay enough attention to the diet. Sunflower seeds are full of fat and will make a grey look healthy but it's bad for their health on the long term. I will go there today to buy some food for DJ and take some photos of things i saw before. It will break your hearts i guess, but i want to share it with someone since long time back. So i will be back today with a new thread. Me and DJ are bonding a lot i guess. Greys are Greyt :)

im so glad that DJ is eating well for you finally! :D Marco loves her fresh vegies, Im making her little corn kabobs tonite lol for dinner! :D this morning was oatmeal for the first time with pepper flakes, green peppers, carrots, chopped walnuts and apple and she had that ALL over her beak!