NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ozzy surprised me tonight.

OzzyCAG

The day before when I got home from work it was such a beautiful day I decided to take Ozzy outside in his travel cage while I did some pruning. While we were outside a big crow flew overhead and his wings were so long and the wind so loud whistling through the air. Ozzy watched him fly by. Then we goofed off for a while with him laughing and me joining in. He was just be so funny.

Well tonight at dinner, he was sitting on his playgym in the dining room and he was up on top as high as he could go and all of the sudden he started slowly flapping his wings (he was severly clipped by his previous owner and I am waiting on them to grow in) and making the exact same noise the crows wings made as they were whistling through the air. The funny thing is he flaps his wings a lot but this time he did it slowly just like the speed the crow was going and matched it with the same up and down sound as the the wings made as they were going through the air.

It was so unexpected. I never seen him pick up something like that and so fast. I was very impressed to say the least.

He is turning 2 this month.

Edited by OzzyCAG

Cute story, a reminder to me just how smart and fast learners AGs are. What kind of travel cage do you have? I need one fast , my baby is due home soon. I would like to get one that will allow her to be able to see well out of. Breeder already has clipped her wings.

That is a happy little surprise for you that Ozzy is modeling crow behavior that he only saw one time. It never ceases to amaze me that once our parrots see something that makes us laugh, they go to all lengths to make us laugh again and again. I love that about them.

Greys are awesome in every way, i had Susu "My Indian Ring Neck" since 4 years and he does not pick up things the way DJ is! Dj is now imitating as many sounds as he can and we are all laughing at him. He gets excited so fast and we love him so much. Your Ozzy sounds funny too, give him a kiss for me :)

Cute story, a reminder to me just how smart and fast learners AGs are. What kind of travel cage do you have? I need one fast , my baby is due home soon. I would like to get one that will allow her to be able to see well out of. Breeder already has clipped her wings.

The travel cage I use is just a wire bird cage I will try to post a picture later sorry I don't have one at this moment. It is wire on all sides with the slide out bottom for droppings. He came to me in it. It is wonderful for outside and he loves it.

I travel with him all over and this cage is pretty cumbersome if you are carrying it a lot. I just ordered a pakobird and can't wait to get it to try it out since we do a lot of hiking and outings.

I will still be using his current travel one for outside until I can get his outdoor cage but for now this one is great cause I can take it all over the yard or wherever. The other thing I worry about is in his wire cage he loves climbing all over the top upside down when is outside so hopefully he will adjust and be able to use both depending on what we are doing.

Hope that helps.