NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pellets

Kimijean

The breeder is the person who decides what proper food to pick. He/she is the person who sees what the chick prefers and then passes the info on to the customer. If you gave a brand name, it doesn't mean that the breeder will be successful with that brand

It's up to the breeder to find the proper food, not the buyer.

Roudybush and Harrison's are some popular and good brands. Have heard that Roudybush can be hard to get depending on where you live, though. Maybe ask your breeder what they think is best and check any animal/bird stores in your area to see what's available.

Kim is in Portland, OR. Should be able to get anything there!

I feed Ellie Pretty Bird African pellets with extra calcium.

This is what my breeder used to wean her. Plus, my breeder sold me a big bag of it...

Ellie eats the heck out of it and no-one said anything bad about it, so I continue to feed it to her...

Ellie eats the heck out of it and no-one said anything bad about it, so I

continue to feed it to her...

Harrisons is highly recommended by a lot of avian vets but that doesn't mean that what you feed your bird is any less nutritious, besides Dave said the breeders should decide what brand of pellet to use and this is what your breeder gave you so she must trust its quality.

where did you get your Grey?

I don't actually have him yet. The breeder I'm getting him from is not new to breeding parrots but this is her first CAG clutch. She's up in Elma WA. She just said if I have a preference she would wean him to it. I've asked her what she plans on using if I don't have a preference, but I haven't heard back yet.

Kim

I got my grey from Birds Hut on Division and 114th.

She was on seeds when i got her, but at that age its easy to convert them. Tok me few days and she was on pellets in no time. SO I dont think that is a problem at that early age.

Anyway, I did try to feed with Rodybush, but they are to soft and and crush to easy and they are more waist then food.

Zupreem natura are good for her and she loves them allot.