NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Heard from my breeder

Kimijean

She has 4 babies now but all 4 were most likely spoken for. She planned on keeping one because he needed assistance hatching and it was on her birthday. Then she had 3 friends interested in the other 3 but one friend is still trying to decide for sure and if she doesn’t take one I can have him.

The parents are on more eggs but they should have started hatching by now and so far nothing.

She sent me an email today and said she has decided not to keep the baby that she helped hatch on her birthday and I can have him.

So I now have a baby boy!! I’m so excited!! He’s almost 10 weeks old and now I need a name for him.

Kim

Congratulations Kim. I'm a new parront myself (I've only had my baby for 4 months). Enjoy the excitement of this journey. Good luck with names. I would suggest some, but I find that names are very personal and whenever people suggested them to me they just didn't fit. The name will come to you soon enough--as well as many adventures.

Congrats Kim on one of the babies being yours, now the wait begins until this little one is weaned and ready to come home to begin the rest of his/her life, I look forward to hearing all about it and pictures when you do get some, wow I am excited for you.

Onyx as he was a bit "onyx-pected".

I'll have to look up what "onyx-pected" means. LOL He's the youngest of 4 and I met all 4 when I met the breeder. But at that time she was keeping him and the other 3 have homes. Here are a couple pictures of him in the egg, one not long out of the egg, and one of all 4 but it's an older picture. :o)

Kim

2549.jpg

2632.jpg

2546.jpg

grey babies 6.jpg

When I picked the name Elegua (based on a complicated desire for a cool backstory), I didn't even think that the logical nickname (Ellie) was almost exactly the same as my wife's name (Kelleigh). Which makes things a bit complicated, but it's too late...

When do you bring your baby home?

When I picked the name Elegua (based on a complicated desire for a cool backstory), I didn't even think that the logical nickname (Ellie) was almost exactly the same as my wife's name (Kelleigh). Which makes things a bit complicated, but it's too late...

When do you bring your baby home?

LOL! If I were Kelleigh I think I would actually like it, but I do see how it could be complicated. :)

I don't know yet when I'll be able to bring him home.

Kim

Well, there was a time when I had Ellie on my shoulder and, for no apparent reason, she bit my ear. Startled, I loudly exclaimed, "Dam* it, Ellie!" Kel, in a different room, yelled back, "What? What did I do now??"

But I think I'd get in REAL trouble if I was caught saying, "I love you, Ellie." more often than "I love you, Kelleigh."

Well, there was a time when I had Ellie on my shoulder and, for no apparent reason, she bit my ear. Startled, I loudly exclaimed, "Dam* it, Ellie!" Kel, in a different room, yelled back, "What? What did I do now??"

But I think I'd get in REAL trouble if I was caught saying, "I love you, Ellie." more often than "I love you, Kelleigh."

Very funny!! Gave me a good laugh. And yes, I could see Kelleigh getting upset over that one. :)

Kim

We have chosen a name!!

Xandir pronounced Zander.

My son came up with it from a TV

show he likes and I like the name. :o)

Ask your son if he watches "Drawn Together." There's a character in that show named Zander. He's rather.....uh....."colorful".

:cool:

Love the name for the bird!!