NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from SE WI, new Grey guardian

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I've been over on Parrot Forums for a month or so now, I think someone might have even suggested this one but here I am.

I'm a middle-aged lover of animals who shares a home with 3 rescued cats, a five-year-old (or is it six? hmm) green-cheek conure and now a three and a half month old Grey. He is dna sexed and got to come home on Tuesday.

He is settling in finally and finding his food and water. He's even working on those muscles climbing around his cage inside and out.

I look forward to browsing the forums, getting to meet and talk to and learn from you all.

Oliver, Charlie, Ethan (tossed in a box in a dumpster like a piece of trash, found weak and emaciated, how can people do such) -- The cats

Tico - Green-Cheek Conure

Jasper - Baby CAG

Hello Wulfgeist and welcome to our family, so glad it was suggested to you to come here, you will find this site very helpful.

It takes all kinds of people to make up this world and some are the scum of the earth but so happy you could give those cats a new home, bet they are very grateful.

Is Jasper flighted? I hope you are going to not clip him so he can enjoy his ability to fly, it is more to deal with but it makes a happier bird to be allowed to do what he was meant to do.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Jasper and Tico you would share with us we would love to see them.

Jasper is clipped, actually, due to the store set-up. (Jo's Exotics in Kenosha WI) It would be too easy for the babies to fly out into a busy street from the visit area should someone have the front door open. I am planning on letting his flights grow out from now on though. I have an aviator harness I have been working on with him. He is good about sitting still now and letting me put it on but he doesnt like the feel of it yet.

I took him with when I went shopping yesterday morning. He had to stay in the van of course but I'm trying to get him used to going places and seeing new people and things. I would like a comfortable and confident adult that won't shy at new things and new people. I hope this is the right path.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I guess I'm going to have to go back again and read that thread on posting pictures as I don't use photobucket.