NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Flight Club

bran

That's pretty cool. LOVE all of those macaws. Surprised I didn't see one scarlet among them. I wonder (do you know?) if people have to submit vet records of any kind or if everyone is just on the honor system as far as health issues. PDD, Psittacosis and the like scare me.

I have two little nit-picks if you're open to constructive criticism. One, the music was cool, but I would have loved to hear some of the cacophony that surely must have been going on with that mix-up of birds. Not through the whole thing, mind you, but at least one or two spots. Two, both here and on the linked page you put an apostrophe "photo's," though it's plural, not possessive. I know it's a minor, silly thing to criticize, but thought I'd mention it since it appears more than just once.

Minor points, both. The video is great and I thank you for sharing it.

That's pretty cool. LOVE all of those macaws. Surprised I didn't see one scarlet among them. I wonder (do you know?) if people have to submit vet records of any kind or if everyone is just on the honor system as far as health issues. PDD, Psittacosis and the like scare me.

I have two little nit-picks if you're open to constructive criticism. One, the music was cool, but I would have loved to hear some of the cacophony that surely must have been going on with that mix-up of birds. Not through the whole thing, mind you, but at least one or two spots. Two, both here and on the linked page you put an apostrophe "photo's," though it's plural, not possessive. I know it's a minor, silly thing to criticize, but thought I'd mention it since it appears more than just once.

they actually require copies of the vet records, and bring in the originals. I really like that, so you know everyone is legit, and safe.

Thanks for the heads up! I just fixed them. I am a bit of a grammar and spelling natzi, but i spent a couple days editing, and I was exhausted when I wrote the article. I do enjoy constructive criticism, after all in life you learn more from mistakes sometimes, than you do from your successes.

As far as the music, I had to put something in, the camera picked up every conversation and sound in the room. That with the echo, it was unbearable on video. I'm working on getting a new camera though, so that should help out a lot.

First rule of Flight Club, don't tell anyone about Flight Club......LOL....sorry....I just could not resist. :P

The video was so awesome. It always makes me well up a little to see the birds having fun and flying around like that. I wish I could get something like that going in my area. It looks fun!

Edited by Elvenking

First rule of Flight Club, don't tell anyone about Flight Club......LOL....sorry....I just could not resist. :P

When I was going to write the article, I actually started to go down that path, and I threw in a couple references. However, I had to reel it back in, because not everyone has seen that movie, and it would have been confusing. I might have even sounded a little crazy! haha!

I loved this video and the music was good although I would have liked to have heard what the birdies were saying but it was an excellent opportunity for those flighted fids to get some excercise without the danger of being outside, thanks for sharing it with us.

You never know how people are going to react, Bran, and I generally let such things go (as much as they peeve me ;) ), but I'm glad you took it as intended. As for the sound, I get that. I'm sure that space had a ton of echo. We do what we can with what we have. And what you did turned out GREAT.

Also, glad to hear about the vet-checks. Sounds like a well-organized, responsible group.

And I loved even the subtle film references. The invite cards should be bars of aloe-based soap. ;)